SALT LAKE CITY — A woman who told police she didn't want to be questioned by investigators in connection with the death of a 16-year-old has been arrested.
Earlier this week, Salt Lake City police announced they wanted to question Shelby Reed, 19, regarding the shooting death of Kenny Winston. Winston's body was found dumped in a vacant lot at 1120 E. Crandall Ave. (2900 South) on Aug. 29.
Reed's attorney told police Wednesday that she needed to care for a newborn baby and was not going to comply with the request of police. On Thursday, detectives went out and found Reed anyway and took her to Salt Lake police headquarters for questioning. By Thursday evening, she was arrested for investigation of obstruction of justice.
According to Salt Lake County Jail records, Reed was questioned by police the day Winston's body was discovered. At that time, she denied knowing anything about his death, according to jail documents.
But when interviewed again Thursday, Reed said she knew Winston was killed Aug. 26 and where his body was dumped.
Reed is the seventh person questioned in connection with the case and the fourth person arrested.
Frank Reyos, 30, the alleged trigger-man, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of murder, aggravated assault and fleeing from police. Jessica Reyos, 38, Frank's sister, and Brittney Montano, 21, were booked for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Police also have questioned Camille Lopez, 20, Stephon Evans, 21, and Natasha Alvarado, 33, in connection with the case.
The search continued Friday for David Angel Montes, 21, who has a warrant out for his arrest for obstruction of justice.
Winston was last seen in a 2010 silver Dodge Nitro with Montes, according to court documents. The owner of the vehicle, Jessica Reyos, said she loaned it to Montes on Aug. 26, the last time Winston's father said he saw his son alive.
Investigators found blood spatter evidence inside the vehicle.
Anyone with information on Montes can call police at 801-799-3000.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14