USU cross-country: Aggie cross-country travels to the Big Sky state this weekend
Utah State men's and women's cross-country teams will continue the 2012 season traveling to the Big Sky State for the Montana State Bozeman Running Company Invitational Saturday.
The event will take place at Bridger Creek Golf Course with the men running at 9 a.m. (MT) followed by the women at 9:45.
USU will compete with six other Division I schools, including Montana, Northern Colorado, Utah, Weber State, Wyoming and Montana State. Carroll College, Great Falls, MSU-Billings, as well as the Rocky Mountain and South Dakota School of Mines, will also compete in the smaller school division.
"The things we try to do in cross-country is run every other week," veteran Aggie head coach Gregg Gensel said. "By having the home meet when we do, it allows us to keep that schedule throughout the year and better prepare for the upcoming meet. We went from where we were before the season started, the home meet and now we've got two weeks of training under our belt. We will see where we are, at Montana State. It is always a fun trip for the athletes and great to see where they are at."
Utah State's men moved up to the seventh-best team in the Mountain Region, according to the latest ranking from the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
Results for the MSU Bozeman Running Company Invitational will be posted on the USU athletics website at the conclusion of the races.
USU cross country will again be in action at the 2012 Roy Griak Invitational in Twin Lakes, Minn., on Saturday, Sept. 29.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 73
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24