PROVO — A Hawaii man was booked into Utah County Jail Friday on suspicion of aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery and aggravated assault.
Police say 31-year-old Paisa Matagi knocked on a woman's door at the Willowbrook Condominiums, 1751 N. Willowbrook Drive, and then entered the apartment with a gun. After asking whether another individual living in the apartment was home, the suspect left empty-handed and the woman was unharmed, said Provo police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
He said he was unsure what Matagi was looking for in his alleged attempted robbery.
Sinfanua said Matagi has been staying with his brother, who lives at the apartment complex, for the past two weeks. He was arrested at the apartment.
A 9-mm handgun belonging to Matagi's brother was also found in the apartment, and police believe it was used in the alleged assault.
Matagi's brother was at work at the time of the incident.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 100
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 57
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 38
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 35
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24