PROVO — A Hawaii man was booked into Utah County Jail Friday on suspicion of aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery and aggravated assault.
Police say 31-year-old Paisa Matagi knocked on a woman's door at the Willowbrook Condominiums, 1751 N. Willowbrook Drive, and then entered the apartment with a gun. After asking whether another individual living in the apartment was home, the suspect left empty-handed and the woman was unharmed, said Provo police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
He said he was unsure what Matagi was looking for in his alleged attempted robbery.
Sinfanua said Matagi has been staying with his brother, who lives at the apartment complex, for the past two weeks. He was arrested at the apartment.
A 9-mm handgun belonging to Matagi's brother was also found in the apartment, and police believe it was used in the alleged assault.
Matagi's brother was at work at the time of the incident.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Two more guns seized at Salt Lake City...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 16
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11