Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority will provide extra TRAX trains and shuttle buses to the Utah vs. BYU football game.
UTA is encouraging the public to avoid traffic and parking congestion by taking public transportation to the game on Saturday at Rice-Eccles Stadium. The game begins at 8 p.m.
Starting two hours prior to kick-off, extra event trains will be added into regular service. The trains will depart Fashion Place Station (6400 South) and travel directly to Stadium Station. The event trains will have “University” displayed in the header.
Trains will arrive at Stadium Station every 10 minutes between 6:17 p.m. and 8:17 p.m.
All Red Line trains will travel on their regular Saturday schedule and run directly to the university. Blue Line and Green Line trains will run on their regular Saturday schedules, and passengers will need to transfer to a Red Line or event train before or at the Courthouse (500 South) station.
After the game, TRAX trains will provide direct service to Daybreak Parkway and Sandy Civic Center stations. Trains will be identified with “Daybreak” or “Sandy” in the header. The last TRAX train will depart Stadium to Daybreak 30 minutes after the end of the game.
All TRAX trains will have extra cars both before and after the game to accommodate more riders.
FrontRunner will operate on its regular Saturday schedule. The last northbound trip to Ogden will depart Salt Lake Central Station 90 minutes after the end of the game.
FrontRunner passengers traveling to the game may board any TRAX train leaving Salt Lake Central Station and transfer at Courthouse Station or take a direct shuttle bus to the stadium.
Extra buses will operate between Salt Lake Central and Stadium stations before and after the game to help carry riders coming from FrontRunner. The buses will be on route 2 and will follow the regular route to 1100 East and then deviate to 400 South University Street to serve the stadium. The buses will depart from the north end of Salt Lake Central Station. Extra buses will run for one hour following the game.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- World War II veterans grateful for...
- Protest ride results in charges against...
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- New definition of homeless would give... 24
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 18