Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority will provide extra TRAX trains and shuttle buses to the Utah vs. BYU football game.
UTA is encouraging the public to avoid traffic and parking congestion by taking public transportation to the game on Saturday at Rice-Eccles Stadium. The game begins at 8 p.m.
Starting two hours prior to kick-off, extra event trains will be added into regular service. The trains will depart Fashion Place Station (6400 South) and travel directly to Stadium Station. The event trains will have “University” displayed in the header.
Trains will arrive at Stadium Station every 10 minutes between 6:17 p.m. and 8:17 p.m.
All Red Line trains will travel on their regular Saturday schedule and run directly to the university. Blue Line and Green Line trains will run on their regular Saturday schedules, and passengers will need to transfer to a Red Line or event train before or at the Courthouse (500 South) station.
After the game, TRAX trains will provide direct service to Daybreak Parkway and Sandy Civic Center stations. Trains will be identified with “Daybreak” or “Sandy” in the header. The last TRAX train will depart Stadium to Daybreak 30 minutes after the end of the game.
All TRAX trains will have extra cars both before and after the game to accommodate more riders.
FrontRunner will operate on its regular Saturday schedule. The last northbound trip to Ogden will depart Salt Lake Central Station 90 minutes after the end of the game.
FrontRunner passengers traveling to the game may board any TRAX train leaving Salt Lake Central Station and transfer at Courthouse Station or take a direct shuttle bus to the stadium.
Extra buses will operate between Salt Lake Central and Stadium stations before and after the game to help carry riders coming from FrontRunner. The buses will be on route 2 and will follow the regular route to 1100 East and then deviate to 400 South University Street to serve the stadium. The buses will depart from the north end of Salt Lake Central Station. Extra buses will run for one hour following the game.
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason polygamy...
- SUU flight instructors die in plane crash...
- Farr West woman found dead in home, foul play...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version 2.0,...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 55
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 39
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 31
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 23
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 21
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14