PROVO — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has scheduled a meeting Monday at 9 a.m. to review applications of individuals interested in filling a judicial vacancy resulting from the pending retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury.
The Commission will meet in the conference room of the law offices of Ray, Quinney & Nebeker, 86 N. University Ave., Suite 430, Provo.
The early portion of the meeting is scheduled for public comment about issues concerning the nominating process and issues facing the Utah judiciary. The nominating commission will not accept comments regarding individual applicants.
Following the public hearing, the meeting will be closed to allow the nominating commission to select candidates for interviews. The Commission will select nominees whose names will be forwarded to Gov. Gary Herbert for his consideration.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 37
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 28
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18