PROVO — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has scheduled a meeting Monday at 9 a.m. to review applications of individuals interested in filling a judicial vacancy resulting from the pending retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury.
The Commission will meet in the conference room of the law offices of Ray, Quinney & Nebeker, 86 N. University Ave., Suite 430, Provo.
The early portion of the meeting is scheduled for public comment about issues concerning the nominating process and issues facing the Utah judiciary. The nominating commission will not accept comments regarding individual applicants.
Following the public hearing, the meeting will be closed to allow the nominating commission to select candidates for interviews. The Commission will select nominees whose names will be forwarded to Gov. Gary Herbert for his consideration.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 21