PROVO — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has scheduled a meeting Monday at 9 a.m. to review applications of individuals interested in filling a judicial vacancy resulting from the pending retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury.
The Commission will meet in the conference room of the law offices of Ray, Quinney & Nebeker, 86 N. University Ave., Suite 430, Provo.
The early portion of the meeting is scheduled for public comment about issues concerning the nominating process and issues facing the Utah judiciary. The nominating commission will not accept comments regarding individual applicants.
Following the public hearing, the meeting will be closed to allow the nominating commission to select candidates for interviews. The Commission will select nominees whose names will be forwarded to Gov. Gary Herbert for his consideration.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7