USU football: Local talent always dreamed of playing football at Utah State
“He does everything at a high level all the time. A lot of people will claim to be consistent, but they’re consistently average,” Busch said. “McKade is great at practice, in the weight room, in academics, everywhere. That’s why he excels so much. He does a great job for us and we’re proud to have him.”
Brady said he has every intention of living up to the demands the coaching staff, his teammates and even himself have set.
“I have to be a playmaker. I have to be someone who is responsible and who can earn the respect of the other guys on the field,” Brady said. “Hopefully, I’ll be able to do my job, and they’ll be able to count on me. I know I count on them to do their job.”
As he finishes his collegiate football career, Brady said he has learned to weather tough times and that will be a blessing as he moves on with his life.
“A storm can come up at any time, and you can come upon rough times on the field, but you can battle through that. That’s something I can take into my life after football,” Brady said. “There will always be trials, but I can get through them. Just keep your head straight and keep working hard.”
Brady credits part of his drive and dedication to his new bride. He married the former Samantha Murray last May and said it has been a great addition to his life.
“Having a wife is awesome. She’s always helping out with things I need. I come home, and she’s cooked dinner, then she does the dishes,” Brady said. “She makes life a lot easier on me. Life is great.”
As the Aggies proceed through the 2012 campaign, Brady is ready to work toward the goals the team has set.
“We accomplished a lot of our goals last year, but left two big ones on the table with the Western Athletic Conference title and winning a bowl game, so that’s what we’re after this year,” Brady said.
After a slight detour, Brady’s childhood dream of playing football for Utah State has more than come true. It’s something that will be a part of him forever and has played a vital role in who he is today.
“It’s an honor. It’s always been a dream of mine to be up here,” Brady said. “It’s great to be a part of this team, with this coaching staff, all these great guys I work with every single day.”
Megan Allen works for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 97
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 63
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 33
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 27