Governor, Salt Lake County mayor debates set for Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — GOP Gov. Gary Herbert will face off in a debate with his Democratic opponent, Peter Cooke, for the first time Friday.
The hourlong debate, sponsored by the Utah League of Cities and Towns, is set to start at 9 a.m. and will be broadcast live on KSL NewsRadio. The radio station's Doug Wright will moderate the debate.
Topics are expected to include transportation funding, state budget priorities, private property rights, economic development and alcohol policy.
The group is also sponsoring a debate Friday between the candidates in the Salt Lake County mayor's race, Democrat Ben McAdams and Republican Mark Crockett. That debate is scheduled from 8:20 to 8:55 a.m. and will also be moderated by Wright.
The debates will be conducted at the Sheraton Salt Lake City hotel, 150 W. 500 South.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 40
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 15