Governor, Salt Lake County mayor debates set for Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — GOP Gov. Gary Herbert will face off in a debate with his Democratic opponent, Peter Cooke, for the first time Friday.
The hourlong debate, sponsored by the Utah League of Cities and Towns, is set to start at 9 a.m. and will be broadcast live on KSL NewsRadio. The radio station's Doug Wright will moderate the debate.
Topics are expected to include transportation funding, state budget priorities, private property rights, economic development and alcohol policy.
The group is also sponsoring a debate Friday between the candidates in the Salt Lake County mayor's race, Democrat Ben McAdams and Republican Mark Crockett. That debate is scheduled from 8:20 to 8:55 a.m. and will also be moderated by Wright.
The debates will be conducted at the Sheraton Salt Lake City hotel, 150 W. 500 South.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11