Governor, Salt Lake County mayor debates set for Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — GOP Gov. Gary Herbert will face off in a debate with his Democratic opponent, Peter Cooke, for the first time Friday.
The hourlong debate, sponsored by the Utah League of Cities and Towns, is set to start at 9 a.m. and will be broadcast live on KSL NewsRadio. The radio station's Doug Wright will moderate the debate.
Topics are expected to include transportation funding, state budget priorities, private property rights, economic development and alcohol policy.
The group is also sponsoring a debate Friday between the candidates in the Salt Lake County mayor's race, Democrat Ben McAdams and Republican Mark Crockett. That debate is scheduled from 8:20 to 8:55 a.m. and will also be moderated by Wright.
The debates will be conducted at the Sheraton Salt Lake City hotel, 150 W. 500 South.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 21