Governor, Salt Lake County mayor debates set for Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — GOP Gov. Gary Herbert will face off in a debate with his Democratic opponent, Peter Cooke, for the first time Friday.
The hourlong debate, sponsored by the Utah League of Cities and Towns, is set to start at 9 a.m. and will be broadcast live on KSL NewsRadio. The radio station's Doug Wright will moderate the debate.
Topics are expected to include transportation funding, state budget priorities, private property rights, economic development and alcohol policy.
The group is also sponsoring a debate Friday between the candidates in the Salt Lake County mayor's race, Democrat Ben McAdams and Republican Mark Crockett. That debate is scheduled from 8:20 to 8:55 a.m. and will also be moderated by Wright.
The debates will be conducted at the Sheraton Salt Lake City hotel, 150 W. 500 South.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19