Utah colleges' newest national rankings, U.S. News' 2013 rankings released
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Several Utah colleges and universities rank in the top 100 of lists released today as part of the annual rankings compiled by U.S. News & World Report.
The University of Utah in Salt Lake City moved down only one spot to 60th in top public schools and also dropped one space on the list of all national universities to 125th.
Brigham Young University jumped three spots among national universities to the 68th spot. BYU also moved up to the 31st spot in the best undergraduate business topic and was ranked No. 5 in the category for students graduating with the least debt.
Utah State University remained in the top 100 of best public schools, in the 99th spot, and is in 174th for national universities. Logan, the home of USU, is currently listed third on a list of top 10 college towns in 2012, according to Livability.
Westminster College in Salt Lake City moved up to the 22nd spot in the U.S. News rankings of best regional universities in the west, with Weber State University and Southern Utah University tied in 72nd.
Westminster also ranked ninth for best value schools in the west.
U.S. News & World Report's "Colleges Guidebook," which ranked more than 1,400 schools across the nation, will be released Sept. 18. The magazine says the guidebook is designed to help students find the best fit for them.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 38
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- President Obama to make first trip to... 26
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 18
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14