Utah colleges' newest national rankings, U.S. News' 2013 rankings released
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Several Utah colleges and universities rank in the top 100 of lists released today as part of the annual rankings compiled by U.S. News & World Report.
The University of Utah in Salt Lake City moved down only one spot to 60th in top public schools and also dropped one space on the list of all national universities to 125th.
Brigham Young University jumped three spots among national universities to the 68th spot. BYU also moved up to the 31st spot in the best undergraduate business topic and was ranked No. 5 in the category for students graduating with the least debt.
Utah State University remained in the top 100 of best public schools, in the 99th spot, and is in 174th for national universities. Logan, the home of USU, is currently listed third on a list of top 10 college towns in 2012, according to Livability.
Westminster College in Salt Lake City moved up to the 22nd spot in the U.S. News rankings of best regional universities in the west, with Weber State University and Southern Utah University tied in 72nd.
Westminster also ranked ninth for best value schools in the west.
U.S. News & World Report's "Colleges Guidebook," which ranked more than 1,400 schools across the nation, will be released Sept. 18. The magazine says the guidebook is designed to help students find the best fit for them.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 24