Utah colleges' newest national rankings, U.S. News' 2013 rankings released
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Several Utah colleges and universities rank in the top 100 of lists released today as part of the annual rankings compiled by U.S. News & World Report.
The University of Utah in Salt Lake City moved down only one spot to 60th in top public schools and also dropped one space on the list of all national universities to 125th.
Brigham Young University jumped three spots among national universities to the 68th spot. BYU also moved up to the 31st spot in the best undergraduate business topic and was ranked No. 5 in the category for students graduating with the least debt.
Utah State University remained in the top 100 of best public schools, in the 99th spot, and is in 174th for national universities. Logan, the home of USU, is currently listed third on a list of top 10 college towns in 2012, according to Livability.
Westminster College in Salt Lake City moved up to the 22nd spot in the U.S. News rankings of best regional universities in the west, with Weber State University and Southern Utah University tied in 72nd.
Westminster also ranked ninth for best value schools in the west.
U.S. News & World Report's "Colleges Guidebook," which ranked more than 1,400 schools across the nation, will be released Sept. 18. The magazine says the guidebook is designed to help students find the best fit for them.
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 80
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7