CEDAR CITY — Iron County and the U.S. Forest Service are partnerning to pave the Bowery Creek Road, also known as "Yankee Road" or "First Left Hand Canyon."
Construction crews began working in the area Sept. 10 and will continue through about Nov. 1. Crews will maintain access through the area while they work, but there may be delays and one-lane traffic.
Iron County is reconstructing and paving 7,000 linear feet of the road from state Route 143 to the Vermillion Cliffs Campground. This 1.3-mile project will improve access into Yankee Meadows.
For more information about the project or for updates on access along this road, contact the Dixie National Forest at 435-865-3700.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12