CEDAR CITY — Iron County and the U.S. Forest Service are partnerning to pave the Bowery Creek Road, also known as "Yankee Road" or "First Left Hand Canyon."
Construction crews began working in the area Sept. 10 and will continue through about Nov. 1. Crews will maintain access through the area while they work, but there may be delays and one-lane traffic.
Iron County is reconstructing and paving 7,000 linear feet of the road from state Route 143 to the Vermillion Cliffs Campground. This 1.3-mile project will improve access into Yankee Meadows.
For more information about the project or for updates on access along this road, contact the Dixie National Forest at 435-865-3700.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14