CEDAR CITY — Iron County and the U.S. Forest Service are partnerning to pave the Bowery Creek Road, also known as "Yankee Road" or "First Left Hand Canyon."
Construction crews began working in the area Sept. 10 and will continue through about Nov. 1. Crews will maintain access through the area while they work, but there may be delays and one-lane traffic.
Iron County is reconstructing and paving 7,000 linear feet of the road from state Route 143 to the Vermillion Cliffs Campground. This 1.3-mile project will improve access into Yankee Meadows.
For more information about the project or for updates on access along this road, contact the Dixie National Forest at 435-865-3700.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16