CEDAR CITY — Iron County and the U.S. Forest Service are partnerning to pave the Bowery Creek Road, also known as "Yankee Road" or "First Left Hand Canyon."
Construction crews began working in the area Sept. 10 and will continue through about Nov. 1. Crews will maintain access through the area while they work, but there may be delays and one-lane traffic.
Iron County is reconstructing and paving 7,000 linear feet of the road from state Route 143 to the Vermillion Cliffs Campground. This 1.3-mile project will improve access into Yankee Meadows.
For more information about the project or for updates on access along this road, contact the Dixie National Forest at 435-865-3700.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 23
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 15