CEDAR CITY — Iron County and the U.S. Forest Service are partnerning to pave the Bowery Creek Road, also known as "Yankee Road" or "First Left Hand Canyon."
Construction crews began working in the area Sept. 10 and will continue through about Nov. 1. Crews will maintain access through the area while they work, but there may be delays and one-lane traffic.
Iron County is reconstructing and paving 7,000 linear feet of the road from state Route 143 to the Vermillion Cliffs Campground. This 1.3-mile project will improve access into Yankee Meadows.
For more information about the project or for updates on access along this road, contact the Dixie National Forest at 435-865-3700.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14