BYU roundup: Cougars still very much on Jabari Parker's radar
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU is still in the running to land prep basketball star Jabari Parker.
Parker will host home visits with eight schools, including BYU coach Dave Rose, in the coming weeks, according to CSNChicago.com.
"Parker, one of the top recruits in the nation, announced that eight schools will meet with him over the coming weeks, his mother, Lola, told Evan Daniels of Scout.com," writes Mark Strotman. "Florida's Billy Donovan was the first coach to travel to Chicago to meet with the 6-foot-8 Parker, and DePaul, BYU and Kansas will also meet with him this week. The following week, North Carolina, Michigan State and Duke will meet with Parker. The week after that, Stanford is set to make a trip to visit him."
FoxSports.com also includes BYU in a list of potential BCS hopefuls.
"If the No. 25 Cougars (2-0) are going to make their first-ever BCS appearance this season, their best bet is to go undefeated," writes Sam Gardner. "But that’s asking a ton of BYU in its second season as an independent, considering that games against Utah, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech still loom large."
Finally, Stewart Mandel of SI.com says BYU is "underrated."
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 28
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 17