BYU roundup: Cougars still very much on Jabari Parker's radar
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU is still in the running to land prep basketball star Jabari Parker.
Parker will host home visits with eight schools, including BYU coach Dave Rose, in the coming weeks, according to CSNChicago.com.
"Parker, one of the top recruits in the nation, announced that eight schools will meet with him over the coming weeks, his mother, Lola, told Evan Daniels of Scout.com," writes Mark Strotman. "Florida's Billy Donovan was the first coach to travel to Chicago to meet with the 6-foot-8 Parker, and DePaul, BYU and Kansas will also meet with him this week. The following week, North Carolina, Michigan State and Duke will meet with Parker. The week after that, Stanford is set to make a trip to visit him."
FoxSports.com also includes BYU in a list of potential BCS hopefuls.
"If the No. 25 Cougars (2-0) are going to make their first-ever BCS appearance this season, their best bet is to go undefeated," writes Sam Gardner. "But that’s asking a ton of BYU in its second season as an independent, considering that games against Utah, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech still loom large."
Finally, Stewart Mandel of SI.com says BYU is "underrated."
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30