BYU roundup: Cougars still very much on Jabari Parker's radar
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU is still in the running to land prep basketball star Jabari Parker.
Parker will host home visits with eight schools, including BYU coach Dave Rose, in the coming weeks, according to CSNChicago.com.
"Parker, one of the top recruits in the nation, announced that eight schools will meet with him over the coming weeks, his mother, Lola, told Evan Daniels of Scout.com," writes Mark Strotman. "Florida's Billy Donovan was the first coach to travel to Chicago to meet with the 6-foot-8 Parker, and DePaul, BYU and Kansas will also meet with him this week. The following week, North Carolina, Michigan State and Duke will meet with Parker. The week after that, Stanford is set to make a trip to visit him."
FoxSports.com also includes BYU in a list of potential BCS hopefuls.
"If the No. 25 Cougars (2-0) are going to make their first-ever BCS appearance this season, their best bet is to go undefeated," writes Sam Gardner. "But that’s asking a ton of BYU in its second season as an independent, considering that games against Utah, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech still loom large."
Finally, Stewart Mandel of SI.com says BYU is "underrated."
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Rodney Hood, Dante Exum highlight Utah Jazz...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Wasatch Academy basketball coach Geno Morgan...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield...
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 91
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 71
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 52
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 29
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 27