BYU roundup: Cougars still very much on Jabari Parker's radar
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU is still in the running to land prep basketball star Jabari Parker.
Parker will host home visits with eight schools, including BYU coach Dave Rose, in the coming weeks, according to CSNChicago.com.
"Parker, one of the top recruits in the nation, announced that eight schools will meet with him over the coming weeks, his mother, Lola, told Evan Daniels of Scout.com," writes Mark Strotman. "Florida's Billy Donovan was the first coach to travel to Chicago to meet with the 6-foot-8 Parker, and DePaul, BYU and Kansas will also meet with him this week. The following week, North Carolina, Michigan State and Duke will meet with Parker. The week after that, Stanford is set to make a trip to visit him."
FoxSports.com also includes BYU in a list of potential BCS hopefuls.
"If the No. 25 Cougars (2-0) are going to make their first-ever BCS appearance this season, their best bet is to go undefeated," writes Sam Gardner. "But that’s asking a ton of BYU in its second season as an independent, considering that games against Utah, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech still loom large."
Finally, Stewart Mandel of SI.com says BYU is "underrated."
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 52
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 26