BYU roundup: Cougars still very much on Jabari Parker's radar
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU is still in the running to land prep basketball star Jabari Parker.
Parker will host home visits with eight schools, including BYU coach Dave Rose, in the coming weeks, according to CSNChicago.com.
"Parker, one of the top recruits in the nation, announced that eight schools will meet with him over the coming weeks, his mother, Lola, told Evan Daniels of Scout.com," writes Mark Strotman. "Florida's Billy Donovan was the first coach to travel to Chicago to meet with the 6-foot-8 Parker, and DePaul, BYU and Kansas will also meet with him this week. The following week, North Carolina, Michigan State and Duke will meet with Parker. The week after that, Stanford is set to make a trip to visit him."
FoxSports.com also includes BYU in a list of potential BCS hopefuls.
"If the No. 25 Cougars (2-0) are going to make their first-ever BCS appearance this season, their best bet is to go undefeated," writes Sam Gardner. "But that’s asking a ton of BYU in its second season as an independent, considering that games against Utah, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech still loom large."
Finally, Stewart Mandel of SI.com says BYU is "underrated."
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23