Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Conference countdown: General conference less than a month away and bloggers are beginning to take notice, such as the Mormon Soprano who is holding a “Conference Countdown Challenge” that she began on Aug. 30 to coincide with the 37th day before conference. Why? Because there were 37 talks from the April 2012 conference in which to highlight and study in preparation for this October 2012 conference. Click in to follow along.
Finding hope: I know it’s a day late, but the message of this Mormon Messages from a few years back on “Finding Hope” is always timely. This man’s story of renewal and healing from the tragedy of 9/11 and the survivor’s guilt that accompanied it never fails to make me marvel. Please watch.
Proud Mormons: This photo is just awesome. You can tell that these BYU basketball players “were Mormons and proud of it.” Click in to see what I mean.
Social media: I enjoyed this infographic representation of the “36 Rules of Social Media” highlighted at LDS Media Talk. For instance, “8. Always Write Back” and “12. Not Everything Will Work and That’s Ok!” Click in for the 34 other “rules.”
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- Religious groups react to Boy... 70
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 42
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 26
- ... 10
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS... 3