FARMINGTON — Farmington Canyon Road will be closed for repairs from sometime next week until mid- to late November.
Crews will work to preserve the wood retaining walls on the downhill side of the road. The next phase is to stabilize the landslide on the uphill side of the road, which is anticipated to begin the first part of October.
Emergency Relief for Federally Owned Roads funding has been received for the road work.
The road closure starts at the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache Forest boundary and runs east along Farmington Canyon Road to the Bountiful Peak campground.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22