FARMINGTON — Farmington Canyon Road will be closed for repairs from sometime next week until mid- to late November.
Crews will work to preserve the wood retaining walls on the downhill side of the road. The next phase is to stabilize the landslide on the uphill side of the road, which is anticipated to begin the first part of October.
Emergency Relief for Federally Owned Roads funding has been received for the road work.
The road closure starts at the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache Forest boundary and runs east along Farmington Canyon Road to the Bountiful Peak campground.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 94
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18