FARMINGTON — Farmington Canyon Road will be closed for repairs from sometime next week until mid- to late November.
Crews will work to preserve the wood retaining walls on the downhill side of the road. The next phase is to stabilize the landslide on the uphill side of the road, which is anticipated to begin the first part of October.
Emergency Relief for Federally Owned Roads funding has been received for the road work.
The road closure starts at the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache Forest boundary and runs east along Farmington Canyon Road to the Bountiful Peak campground.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 30
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13