FARMINGTON — Farmington Canyon Road will be closed for repairs from sometime next week until mid- to late November.
Crews will work to preserve the wood retaining walls on the downhill side of the road. The next phase is to stabilize the landslide on the uphill side of the road, which is anticipated to begin the first part of October.
Emergency Relief for Federally Owned Roads funding has been received for the road work.
The road closure starts at the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache Forest boundary and runs east along Farmington Canyon Road to the Bountiful Peak campground.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14