HERRIMAN — A 66-year-old woman struck by a car while walking in a crosswalk Monday was hospitalized in critical condition, police say.
The accident happened just before 9 a.m. at the intersection of a Juniper Crest Road and Rosecrest Road, near 14500 South and 5000 West. Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the woman was in the middle of the crosswalk when she was struck by a 33-year-old woman making a left turn.
"She said she just didn't see her," Hoyal said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital in extremely critical condition but was upgraded to critical condition. Her name was not immediately released pending notification of family members.
Neither alcohol, drugs, nor speed appeared to be factors, Hoyal said. No citations had been issued as of Monday afternoon.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Vegas’ water drying up
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- U. student government passes resolution... 21
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17