USU football: Utah State football receiving votes in Associated Press Poll for first time since 1966
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
For the first time since 1966, Utah State football is receiving votes in the Associated Press top 25 poll as the Aggies garnered one vote following its 27-20 overtime win at home against in-state rival Utah Friday in a game that was televised nationally on ESPN2. With its one vote, USU is ranked 41st in the nation along with NorthCarolina.
The last time Utah State was ranked in the Associated Press top 25 was on Dec. 4, 1961 when it was ranked 10th overall and lost to Baylor (24-9) in the Gotham Bowl.
Utah State, who is 2-0 to start a season for the first time since 1997, began the year with a 34-3 home win against Southern Utah. Overall, USU has won seven regular season games in a row dating back to 2011 to rank tied for the sixth-longest regular season winning streak in the nation.
Utah State, who has won three straight road games dating back to 2011, travels to Wisconsin this weekend to play the Badgers on Saturday, Sept. 15, at 6 p.m. (MT). The game will be televised nationally on the Big Ten Network (Dish Ch. 439/DirecTV Ch. 610). Wisconsin is 1-1 on the season following a 26-21 home win against Northern Iowa and a 10-7 loss at Oregon State.
For USU football ticket information, contact the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305. Tickets can also be purchased 24 hours a day on the USU website.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29