Utah State, Utah football: Aggies lead Utah 13-3 at halftime
LOGAN – The Utah State football team is dominating a favored Utah team in the first half Friday night at Romney Stadium, taking a 13-3 lead against a mistake-prone Ute squad at halftime.
USU got on the scoreboard midway through the first quarter on the Utes’ first mistake. The Aggies broke through the Utes' wall and Zach Vigil blocked Sean Sellwood’s punt. Clayton Christensen recovered in the end zone and the Aggies led 7-0 with the extra point.
The second score came with three seconds left in the first quarter when Chuckie Keeton hit Joe Hill with a 15-yard touchdown pass in the left corner of the end zone. That capped a six-play 80-yard drive, but Brock Warren’s kick sailed wide.
The Utes had advanced to the USU 20 early in the second quarter after dropping the Aggie punter on a bad snap at the USU 36, but Ute quarterback Jordan Wynn fumbled a snap and the Aggies recovered. Wynn was sacked three times in the first half and on the third sack, he went down hard and left the field with a left shoulder injury that will keep him out the rest of the game.
Backup Jon Hays replaced Wynn and drove the Utes 48 yards in eight plays and as the half ended, Coleman Peterson booted a 42-yard field goal.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35