Where is my son? Parents continue monthslong search for man gone missing
Salt Lake City Police said they are actively investigating more than 20 tips, with an officer who specializes in missing persons working on the case. The disappearance is a priority for the department because of the abnormalities in the case and Robin Putnam's mental health needs.
"We probably never would have generated nearly as many tips without their help," Sgt. Josh Ashdown of the Salt Lake City Police Dept. said of the parents efforts.
The two-month search has exhausted the Putnams financially as well as physically, as they leave their small businesses to search in Utah. Donations from Colorado neighbors have helped them keep looking while they try to keep their businesses afloat. Doug Putnam is a landscape contractor in Telluride, while his wife works in property management.
"We're just middle-class people, we don't have a lot of money," she said. "We have to try to keep our business together enough that when we find him, he has a place to come home to."
Cindy Putnam said the family of three has a close relationship. They enjoy hiking together, and Robin Putnam especially enjoys sharing music and discussing philosophy with his father. She is confident they will be reunited.
"I know we're going to find him," she said. "All of our focus is on finding him, and keeping ourselves together."
The Putnams are asking anyone who sees Robin Putnam to contact police, ask him his name or take a cell phone picture they can use to identify him. Pictures can be texted to Doug Putnam at 970-729-1653.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13