Deseret Morning News/KSL-TV Chopper 5
SALT LAKE CITY — A DVD that aims to help parents of children who stutter is available at Salt Lake County libraries.
The DVD in English and Spanish, "Stuttering and Your Child: Help for Parents," seeks to help parents detect stuttering and take action toward helping their child and is available at most public libraries. Some libraries have an older video format.
Produced by the nonprofit Stuttering Foundation, the film describes what kinds of stuttering young children may exhibit, how parents can help at home, and the role of a speech pathologist in evaluating and treating children who stutter.
Libraries that have agreed to carry the DVD include Murray Public Library, Salt Lake Main Library, Salt Lake County Library System, Park Library in Taylorsville and the West Valley Library.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11