Deseret Morning News/KSL-TV Chopper 5
SALT LAKE CITY — A DVD that aims to help parents of children who stutter is available at Salt Lake County libraries.
The DVD in English and Spanish, "Stuttering and Your Child: Help for Parents," seeks to help parents detect stuttering and take action toward helping their child and is available at most public libraries. Some libraries have an older video format.
Produced by the nonprofit Stuttering Foundation, the film describes what kinds of stuttering young children may exhibit, how parents can help at home, and the role of a speech pathologist in evaluating and treating children who stutter.
Libraries that have agreed to carry the DVD include Murray Public Library, Salt Lake Main Library, Salt Lake County Library System, Park Library in Taylorsville and the West Valley Library.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 19
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14