Deseret Morning News/KSL-TV Chopper 5
SALT LAKE CITY — A DVD that aims to help parents of children who stutter is available at Salt Lake County libraries.
The DVD in English and Spanish, "Stuttering and Your Child: Help for Parents," seeks to help parents detect stuttering and take action toward helping their child and is available at most public libraries. Some libraries have an older video format.
Produced by the nonprofit Stuttering Foundation, the film describes what kinds of stuttering young children may exhibit, how parents can help at home, and the role of a speech pathologist in evaluating and treating children who stutter.
Libraries that have agreed to carry the DVD include Murray Public Library, Salt Lake Main Library, Salt Lake County Library System, Park Library in Taylorsville and the West Valley Library.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8