TAYLORSVILLE — The city is taking applications for Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors.
Youth Ambassadors participate and are the youth representatives of the city at ribbon-cuttings, civic events, Taylorsville Dayzz and parades. Youth Ambassadors also complete an individual service project.
Applications are available online at taylorsvilleut.gov or at Taylorsville City Hall. Applications must be submitted by Sept. 14. Applicants must be 17-21 years of age and reside in Taylorsville. They must submit a written platform for a community service project.
Applicants also must submit letters of recommendation and participate in oral interview by a selection panel.
Youth Ambassadors serve for one year, chosen each September. Each ambassador can only serve one term. Ambassadors will be awarded a $750 scholarship to be used at any institution of higher learning of their choice.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 23