TAYLORSVILLE — The city is taking applications for Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors.
Youth Ambassadors participate and are the youth representatives of the city at ribbon-cuttings, civic events, Taylorsville Dayzz and parades. Youth Ambassadors also complete an individual service project.
Applications are available online at taylorsvilleut.gov or at Taylorsville City Hall. Applications must be submitted by Sept. 14. Applicants must be 17-21 years of age and reside in Taylorsville. They must submit a written platform for a community service project.
Applicants also must submit letters of recommendation and participate in oral interview by a selection panel.
Youth Ambassadors serve for one year, chosen each September. Each ambassador can only serve one term. Ambassadors will be awarded a $750 scholarship to be used at any institution of higher learning of their choice.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 73
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 30
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14