TAYLORSVILLE — The city is taking applications for Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors.
Youth Ambassadors participate and are the youth representatives of the city at ribbon-cuttings, civic events, Taylorsville Dayzz and parades. Youth Ambassadors also complete an individual service project.
Applications are available online at taylorsvilleut.gov or at Taylorsville City Hall. Applications must be submitted by Sept. 14. Applicants must be 17-21 years of age and reside in Taylorsville. They must submit a written platform for a community service project.
Applicants also must submit letters of recommendation and participate in oral interview by a selection panel.
Youth Ambassadors serve for one year, chosen each September. Each ambassador can only serve one term. Ambassadors will be awarded a $750 scholarship to be used at any institution of higher learning of their choice.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 117
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12