TAYLORSVILLE — The city is taking applications for Taylorsville Youth Ambassadors.
Youth Ambassadors participate and are the youth representatives of the city at ribbon-cuttings, civic events, Taylorsville Dayzz and parades. Youth Ambassadors also complete an individual service project.
Applications are available online at taylorsvilleut.gov or at Taylorsville City Hall. Applications must be submitted by Sept. 14. Applicants must be 17-21 years of age and reside in Taylorsville. They must submit a written platform for a community service project.
Applicants also must submit letters of recommendation and participate in oral interview by a selection panel.
Youth Ambassadors serve for one year, chosen each September. Each ambassador can only serve one term. Ambassadors will be awarded a $750 scholarship to be used at any institution of higher learning of their choice.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7