The Utah Chamber Artists to open with free concert and Fry Street Quartet
Mary Kay Gaydos Gabriel
The Utah Chambers Artists will soon fill the Cathedral of Madeleine in their season opener Monday, Sept. 17 at 8 p.m. This program titled "Shadows and Light" is free of charge and open to the public.
This premier choir and orchestra ensemble will be performing a collage concert featuring Fry Street Quartet. Each performance will be played from a different part of the cathedral with light enhancements by lighting director Chip Dance.
Fry Street Quartet includes Robert Waters and Rebecca McFaul on the violin, Bradley Ottesen on the viola and Ann Francis Bayless on the cello. They will perform music of Janacek, Brahms, Beethoven, and Kaminsky. The choir will also join with them to perform an arrangement of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and Vivaldi's "Domine Fili Unigenite".
Three other concerts, including "Christmas 2012: Carols of Burt, Betinis, & Bradford" will be performed on Dec. 6 at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall.
"Mendelssohn & ... Minnesota?" will also be performed at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall on Feb. 25. Tickets may be purchased online or by calling (801) 581-7100. The first 25 students for each concert may purchase $5 tickets at the box office.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She attends Brigham Young University and is studying Communications.
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass...
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed... 5
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza... 1
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1