The Utah Chamber Artists to open with free concert and Fry Street Quartet
Mary Kay Gaydos Gabriel
The Utah Chambers Artists will soon fill the Cathedral of Madeleine in their season opener Monday, Sept. 17 at 8 p.m. This program titled "Shadows and Light" is free of charge and open to the public.
This premier choir and orchestra ensemble will be performing a collage concert featuring Fry Street Quartet. Each performance will be played from a different part of the cathedral with light enhancements by lighting director Chip Dance.
Fry Street Quartet includes Robert Waters and Rebecca McFaul on the violin, Bradley Ottesen on the viola and Ann Francis Bayless on the cello. They will perform music of Janacek, Brahms, Beethoven, and Kaminsky. The choir will also join with them to perform an arrangement of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and Vivaldi's "Domine Fili Unigenite".
Three other concerts, including "Christmas 2012: Carols of Burt, Betinis, & Bradford" will be performed on Dec. 6 at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall.
"Mendelssohn & ... Minnesota?" will also be performed at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall on Feb. 25. Tickets may be purchased online or by calling (801) 581-7100. The first 25 students for each concert may purchase $5 tickets at the box office.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She attends Brigham Young University and is studying Communications.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether Colbert...
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1
- Websites allow viewers, parents to... 1
- Athletes using sports platforms to push... 0
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH... 0