The Utah Chamber Artists to open with free concert and Fry Street Quartet
Mary Kay Gaydos Gabriel
The Utah Chambers Artists will soon fill the Cathedral of Madeleine in their season opener Monday, Sept. 17 at 8 p.m. This program titled "Shadows and Light" is free of charge and open to the public.
This premier choir and orchestra ensemble will be performing a collage concert featuring Fry Street Quartet. Each performance will be played from a different part of the cathedral with light enhancements by lighting director Chip Dance.
Fry Street Quartet includes Robert Waters and Rebecca McFaul on the violin, Bradley Ottesen on the viola and Ann Francis Bayless on the cello. They will perform music of Janacek, Brahms, Beethoven, and Kaminsky. The choir will also join with them to perform an arrangement of Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" and Vivaldi's "Domine Fili Unigenite".
Three other concerts, including "Christmas 2012: Carols of Burt, Betinis, & Bradford" will be performed on Dec. 6 at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall.
"Mendelssohn & ... Minnesota?" will also be performed at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall on Feb. 25. Tickets may be purchased online or by calling (801) 581-7100. The first 25 students for each concert may purchase $5 tickets at the box office.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She attends Brigham Young University and is studying Communications.
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last year's...
- Jenny Oaks Baker combines classical with rock...
- Religious-themed films find home in Hollywood
- Seasoned choreographer carries on mother's...
- Former Soviet gold medal-winning gymnast...
- Utah Symphony to perform at Utah's national...
- FanX family guide: What to do at Comic Con
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 8
- Sugar House fireworks show will go on... 6
- With $41.4 million, 'Captain America'... 3
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Daughters and... 3
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in... 3
- Jerry Lewis: Women are funny, but not... 1
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last... 1
- Author Brad Wilcox writes about... 1