LAYTON — Layton police are asking for the public's help in locating an individual who allegedly assaulted a young girl near Adam's Elementary School Wednesday.
The 10-year-old girl was walking home from school shortly after 3:30 p.m. when a man reportedly came up behind her and grabbed her arms. The girl was able to escape the man's grasp but was kicked and hit in the process, police said.
After several hours, the girl reported the incident to a family member. She was taken to a hospital and found to have minor bruising on her arms.
The attacker is described as a high-school aged white male, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall, wearing a neon yellow long-sleeve shirt, baggy denim blue jeans and red and white DC shoes. At the time of the alleged incident he was also reportedly wearing a dark ski mask and sunglasses.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Layton police at 801-497-8300.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11