LAYTON — Layton police are asking for the public's help in locating an individual who allegedly assaulted a young girl near Adam's Elementary School Wednesday.
The 10-year-old girl was walking home from school shortly after 3:30 p.m. when a man reportedly came up behind her and grabbed her arms. The girl was able to escape the man's grasp but was kicked and hit in the process, police said.
After several hours, the girl reported the incident to a family member. She was taken to a hospital and found to have minor bruising on her arms.
The attacker is described as a high-school aged white male, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall, wearing a neon yellow long-sleeve shirt, baggy denim blue jeans and red and white DC shoes. At the time of the alleged incident he was also reportedly wearing a dark ski mask and sunglasses.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Layton police at 801-497-8300.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 57
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17