Language: Some profanity is used in the film, though it is not prevalent. It is found mostly in situations where anger or emotions are being expressed.
Drinking/smoking: Two characters try to "drink away their problems." A man tries to impress his companion with his wine collection. Guests at a reception are drinking. The “Old Man” character is a smoker. There are scenes from the 40s which depict smoking.
Sensuality/nudity: A man’s chest is seen while he is in bed. A man and his wife are seen on a mattress together kissing, but fully clothed. A woman’s dress is pulled off of her shoulder. Another man takes a woman back to his apartment.
This film presents a story inside a story inside yet another story. It can be difficult to follow if you do not pay attention, so it is better suited for a 15-plus audience. This film raises questions that could present some good discussions between teens and parents about handling difficult decisions.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on byuradio.org and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew about guns
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Q&A 2
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1