Language: Some profanity is used in the film, though it is not prevalent. It is found mostly in situations where anger or emotions are being expressed.
Drinking/smoking: Two characters try to "drink away their problems." A man tries to impress his companion with his wine collection. Guests at a reception are drinking. The “Old Man” character is a smoker. There are scenes from the 40s which depict smoking.
Sensuality/nudity: A man’s chest is seen while he is in bed. A man and his wife are seen on a mattress together kissing, but fully clothed. A woman’s dress is pulled off of her shoulder. Another man takes a woman back to his apartment.
This film presents a story inside a story inside yet another story. It can be difficult to follow if you do not pay attention, so it is better suited for a 15-plus audience. This film raises questions that could present some good discussions between teens and parents about handling difficult decisions.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on byuradio.org and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- FanX family guide: What to do at Comic Con
- Ranking movies from best to worst
- Religious-themed films find home in Hollywood
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- Disney Channel's 'Jessie' breaks romantic...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Comic Con FanX welcomes guests from many...
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Sugar House fireworks show will go on... 6
- With $41.4 million, 'Captain America'... 3
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Daughters and... 3
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in... 3
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last... 2
- Paul McCartney will play... 2
- Religious-themed films find home in... 1