Language: Some profanity is used in the film, though it is not prevalent. It is found mostly in situations where anger or emotions are being expressed.
Drinking/smoking: Two characters try to "drink away their problems." A man tries to impress his companion with his wine collection. Guests at a reception are drinking. The “Old Man” character is a smoker. There are scenes from the 40s which depict smoking.
Sensuality/nudity: A man’s chest is seen while he is in bed. A man and his wife are seen on a mattress together kissing, but fully clothed. A woman’s dress is pulled off of her shoulder. Another man takes a woman back to his apartment.
This film presents a story inside a story inside yet another story. It can be difficult to follow if you do not pay attention, so it is better suited for a 15-plus audience. This film raises questions that could present some good discussions between teens and parents about handling difficult decisions.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on byuradio.org and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Photos: Fall colors over Guardsman Pass
- Photos: Elton John brings 'All The Hits' to Utah
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- ‘Big Bang Theory,’...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2
- Actress detained by police refuses to... 1
- Erin Stewart: How to survive your... 1