Language: Some profanity is used in the film, though it is not prevalent. It is found mostly in situations where anger or emotions are being expressed.
Drinking/smoking: Two characters try to "drink away their problems." A man tries to impress his companion with his wine collection. Guests at a reception are drinking. The “Old Man” character is a smoker. There are scenes from the 40s which depict smoking.
Sensuality/nudity: A man’s chest is seen while he is in bed. A man and his wife are seen on a mattress together kissing, but fully clothed. A woman’s dress is pulled off of her shoulder. Another man takes a woman back to his apartment.
This film presents a story inside a story inside yet another story. It can be difficult to follow if you do not pay attention, so it is better suited for a 15-plus audience. This film raises questions that could present some good discussions between teens and parents about handling difficult decisions.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on byuradio.org and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- Float party gives thousands a sneak peek of...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in jail, so...
- The Clean Cut: 12 siblings audition for...
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- 20 things you didn't know about Disney... 1
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1