"Elementary" — CBS, Sept. 27, 10 p.m., Uh-uh. Another "Sherlock"? I absolutely love the BBC remake of "Sherlock." It’s available on Netflix if you haven’t already checked it out. But in true patriotic form, American TV is attempting to one up an already awesome remake. While I’m all for girl power, Watson cannot be a woman, even if she is played by the very lovely Lucy Liu. The only reason I would watch this show is to confirm that it is as terrible as I’m sure it will be.
"Beauty and the Beast" — CW, Oct. 11, 9 p.m., Meh. This show is just another "Vampire Diaries" (and I already watch "Vampire Diaries"), except this time he’s some kind of mutant beast instead of a vampire, and they aren’t in high school, and the female lead is an NYPD super hot cop. Believe it or not, it’s a remake from the ’80s.
"Made in Jersey" — CBS, Sept. 28, 9 p.m., Meh. Ah Jersey, you always give us your finest. This show has some spunk, but that’s because the lead actress totally nails her Jersey accent (wouldn’t be surprised if it’s real). This show’s beautiful lead is a Jersey girl turned big city lawyer, and everybody loves her. It’s like "Legally Blonde" for brunettes with attitude.
So there you have it. My honest opinions for this year's lineup. Let me know what you think. I'm always up for a TV debate.
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- For gamers, combating online abuse not easy
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Salt Lake Comic Con and Utah Symphony present...
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 1