"Elementary" — CBS, Sept. 27, 10 p.m., Uh-uh. Another "Sherlock"? I absolutely love the BBC remake of "Sherlock." It’s available on Netflix if you haven’t already checked it out. But in true patriotic form, American TV is attempting to one up an already awesome remake. While I’m all for girl power, Watson cannot be a woman, even if she is played by the very lovely Lucy Liu. The only reason I would watch this show is to confirm that it is as terrible as I’m sure it will be.
"Beauty and the Beast" — CW, Oct. 11, 9 p.m., Meh. This show is just another "Vampire Diaries" (and I already watch "Vampire Diaries"), except this time he’s some kind of mutant beast instead of a vampire, and they aren’t in high school, and the female lead is an NYPD super hot cop. Believe it or not, it’s a remake from the ’80s.
"Made in Jersey" — CBS, Sept. 28, 9 p.m., Meh. Ah Jersey, you always give us your finest. This show has some spunk, but that’s because the lead actress totally nails her Jersey accent (wouldn’t be surprised if it’s real). This show’s beautiful lead is a Jersey girl turned big city lawyer, and everybody loves her. It’s like "Legally Blonde" for brunettes with attitude.
So there you have it. My honest opinions for this year's lineup. Let me know what you think. I'm always up for a TV debate.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Public will soon see 125-million-year-old...
- New Star Wars tabletop games announced
- There's something wonderful about old music
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers flowers,...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- The art of improv: Creating something funny...
- Chloë Grace Moretz and music not enough...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9
- About Utah: She showed him the light 3
- Public will soon see... 3
- MAC Commissioner: ESPN deal brings... 2
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers... 1
- The dog days of summer bring out movies... 1
- There's something wonderful about old... 1