“Taken 2” (PG-13) — Liam Neeson returns to the role that made him an action star in this sequel to 2008’s “Taken.” This time around, retired CIA operative Bryan Mills (Neeson) is taken hostage with his wife (Famke Jansen). Now his daughter (Maggie Grace) has to help them escape.
“Flight” (Not yet rated) — Director Robert Zemeckis (“Forrest Gump”) makes a welcome return to live-action films with this offering about a commercial airline pilot (Denzel Washington) who miraculously lands a damaged plane only to have his personal life scrutinized by the media.
“Wreck-It Ralph” (Not yet rated) — After 2010’s “Tangled,” Disney Animation is shaking things up a bit with its upcoming release, “Wreck-It Ralph.” Set in the world of a frustrated eight-bit, video-game villain named Ralph, the movie focuses on his game-hopping quest to become a hero.
Older audience members will appreciate cameos by a who’s-who of classic game characters.
“Skyfall” (Not yet rated) — The details of Daniel Craig’s third outing as 007 are being kept under wraps, but for fans of the spy franchise, the choice of Sam Mendes (“Road to Perdition”) as director seems inspired.
With any luck, this could be one of the best Bond films in the series’ 50-year history. Like previous Bond movies, however, expect quite a bit in the way of violence and sexual content.
A native of Utah Valley and a devoted cinephile, Jeff is currently studying humanities and history at Brigham Young University.
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Students write, stage and perform an opera...
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting pay...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 10
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 1
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1