Scott G Winterton, OKespañol
SANDY — Salt Lake Community College will host the first Manufacturing Leadership Summit about Utah’s manufacturing industry.
The summit will be Sept. 27, 8-11 a.m. in the Miller Free Enterprise Center Auditorium, 9750 S. 300 West. Manufacturing professionals and industry educators are invited to attend.
Jennifer McNelly, president of the Manufacturing Institute, will provide the keynote address. Her presentation will outline opportunities for the next generation of manufacturing — including cultivating a thriving workforce and staying competitive in the 21st century.
The Excellence in Manufacturing Leadership Summit will bring together manufacturing businesses, industry, education and government representatives to share ideas and best practices for: building a continuous talent pipeline, growing and sustaining a strong manufacturing base through innovation, and identifying critical partnerships to support Utah’s manufacturers.
The Governor's Office of Economic Development will join McNelly to highlight the important function of manufacturing to Utah’s economy.Registration and more information can be found at tinyurl.com/manufacturingsummit.
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,...
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing...
- Did you just win $590M? Get a good team in place
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 30
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 11
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 9
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 7
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 7
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6