AMERICAN FORK — The Utah County Health Department will hold an open house at its new American Fork office on Sept. 13 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Community officials will join the health department staff in the ribbon-cutting and opening ceremony, as well as facility tours and refreshments.
"The new facility has been received very well," said Lance Madigan, the department's public information officer. "People are still just learning that they don't have to come into Provo for many of our services. We hope the open house will provide a chance to more people to see what is offered there."
Walk-in services available to everyone in the general public include: birth and death certificates; immunizations for children, adults and travel; day care facility application/inspection requests; food establishment permits (annual and temporary); food handler renewal/replacement; mass gathering permits; radon/meth test kits; tuberculosis testing; and water sample pickup
Appointments will be necessary for some additional services including: child car seat and booster seat safety checks, call 801-851-7035; "Stepping-On" adult fall prevention classes, call 801-851-7035; youth tobacco cessation classes, call 801-851-7095; and WIC Nutrition Services, call 801-851-7320.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10