AMERICAN FORK — The Utah County Health Department will hold an open house at its new American Fork office on Sept. 13 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Community officials will join the health department staff in the ribbon-cutting and opening ceremony, as well as facility tours and refreshments.
"The new facility has been received very well," said Lance Madigan, the department's public information officer. "People are still just learning that they don't have to come into Provo for many of our services. We hope the open house will provide a chance to more people to see what is offered there."
Walk-in services available to everyone in the general public include: birth and death certificates; immunizations for children, adults and travel; day care facility application/inspection requests; food establishment permits (annual and temporary); food handler renewal/replacement; mass gathering permits; radon/meth test kits; tuberculosis testing; and water sample pickup
Appointments will be necessary for some additional services including: child car seat and booster seat safety checks, call 801-851-7035; "Stepping-On" adult fall prevention classes, call 801-851-7035; youth tobacco cessation classes, call 801-851-7095; and WIC Nutrition Services, call 801-851-7320.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14