AMERICAN FORK — The Utah County Health Department will hold an open house at its new American Fork office on Sept. 13 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Community officials will join the health department staff in the ribbon-cutting and opening ceremony, as well as facility tours and refreshments.
"The new facility has been received very well," said Lance Madigan, the department's public information officer. "People are still just learning that they don't have to come into Provo for many of our services. We hope the open house will provide a chance to more people to see what is offered there."
Walk-in services available to everyone in the general public include: birth and death certificates; immunizations for children, adults and travel; day care facility application/inspection requests; food establishment permits (annual and temporary); food handler renewal/replacement; mass gathering permits; radon/meth test kits; tuberculosis testing; and water sample pickup
Appointments will be necessary for some additional services including: child car seat and booster seat safety checks, call 801-851-7035; "Stepping-On" adult fall prevention classes, call 801-851-7035; youth tobacco cessation classes, call 801-851-7095; and WIC Nutrition Services, call 801-851-7320.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21