AMERICAN FORK — The Utah County Health Department will hold an open house at its new American Fork office on Sept. 13 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Community officials will join the health department staff in the ribbon-cutting and opening ceremony, as well as facility tours and refreshments.
"The new facility has been received very well," said Lance Madigan, the department's public information officer. "People are still just learning that they don't have to come into Provo for many of our services. We hope the open house will provide a chance to more people to see what is offered there."
Walk-in services available to everyone in the general public include: birth and death certificates; immunizations for children, adults and travel; day care facility application/inspection requests; food establishment permits (annual and temporary); food handler renewal/replacement; mass gathering permits; radon/meth test kits; tuberculosis testing; and water sample pickup
Appointments will be necessary for some additional services including: child car seat and booster seat safety checks, call 801-851-7035; "Stepping-On" adult fall prevention classes, call 801-851-7035; youth tobacco cessation classes, call 801-851-7095; and WIC Nutrition Services, call 801-851-7320.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Top House Democrat not seeking re-election
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 51
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 26
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 23
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23