Ravell Call, Deseret News
Dennis Lindsey has gotten plenty of looks at the Utah Jazz organization; he was the video coordinator in 1997 when John Stockton drilled the 3-pointer that sent the Jazz to the NBA Finals, and last spring he was a member of the San Antonio front office staff as the Spurs swept the Utah in the first round of the playoffs, according to nba.com.
Now, he's taking over Kevin O'Connor's job as general manager of the Utah Jazz.
"What you get with Dennis is a guy who can make use of all the modern numbers and analytics of today and combine them with a coach's eye and feel," Carroll Dawson, former general manager for the Houston Rockets, told nba.com. "Oh and he's never afraid to give you his opinion. He'll tell you if he disagrees and then give you the reasons why. I know Rudy appreciated that and I'm sure Gregg Popovich did too in San Antonio. There are guys that you just know can lead."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49