Ravell Call, Deseret News
Dennis Lindsey has gotten plenty of looks at the Utah Jazz organization; he was the video coordinator in 1997 when John Stockton drilled the 3-pointer that sent the Jazz to the NBA Finals, and last spring he was a member of the San Antonio front office staff as the Spurs swept the Utah in the first round of the playoffs, according to nba.com.
Now, he's taking over Kevin O'Connor's job as general manager of the Utah Jazz.
"What you get with Dennis is a guy who can make use of all the modern numbers and analytics of today and combine them with a coach's eye and feel," Carroll Dawson, former general manager for the Houston Rockets, told nba.com. "Oh and he's never afraid to give you his opinion. He'll tell you if he disagrees and then give you the reasons why. I know Rudy appreciated that and I'm sure Gregg Popovich did too in San Antonio. There are guys that you just know can lead."
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22