Ravell Call, Deseret News
Dennis Lindsey has gotten plenty of looks at the Utah Jazz organization; he was the video coordinator in 1997 when John Stockton drilled the 3-pointer that sent the Jazz to the NBA Finals, and last spring he was a member of the San Antonio front office staff as the Spurs swept the Utah in the first round of the playoffs, according to nba.com.
Now, he's taking over Kevin O'Connor's job as general manager of the Utah Jazz.
"What you get with Dennis is a guy who can make use of all the modern numbers and analytics of today and combine them with a coach's eye and feel," Carroll Dawson, former general manager for the Houston Rockets, told nba.com. "Oh and he's never afraid to give you his opinion. He'll tell you if he disagrees and then give you the reasons why. I know Rudy appreciated that and I'm sure Gregg Popovich did too in San Antonio. There are guys that you just know can lead."
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28