Ravell Call, Deseret News
Dennis Lindsey has gotten plenty of looks at the Utah Jazz organization; he was the video coordinator in 1997 when John Stockton drilled the 3-pointer that sent the Jazz to the NBA Finals, and last spring he was a member of the San Antonio front office staff as the Spurs swept the Utah in the first round of the playoffs, according to nba.com.
Now, he's taking over Kevin O'Connor's job as general manager of the Utah Jazz.
"What you get with Dennis is a guy who can make use of all the modern numbers and analytics of today and combine them with a coach's eye and feel," Carroll Dawson, former general manager for the Houston Rockets, told nba.com. "Oh and he's never afraid to give you his opinion. He'll tell you if he disagrees and then give you the reasons why. I know Rudy appreciated that and I'm sure Gregg Popovich did too in San Antonio. There are guys that you just know can lead."
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25