SALT LAKE CITY — A family of four escaped their burning house early Thursday.
Just after 1 a.m., firefighters were called to a house at 1636 S. Jefferson Street. They arrived to find the basement of the two-story structure on fire, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
Two adults and two children, including a toddler, were already out of the home by the time firefighters arrived. One person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, Asay said.
The fire was contained to the basement. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Thursday.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Bingham High students walk out over... 26
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 13