SALT LAKE CITY — A family of four escaped their burning house early Thursday.
Just after 1 a.m., firefighters were called to a house at 1636 S. Jefferson Street. They arrived to find the basement of the two-story structure on fire, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
Two adults and two children, including a toddler, were already out of the home by the time firefighters arrived. One person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, Asay said.
The fire was contained to the basement. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Thursday.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23