SALT LAKE CITY — A family of four escaped their burning house early Thursday.
Just after 1 a.m., firefighters were called to a house at 1636 S. Jefferson Street. They arrived to find the basement of the two-story structure on fire, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
Two adults and two children, including a toddler, were already out of the home by the time firefighters arrived. One person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, Asay said.
The fire was contained to the basement. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Thursday.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14