SALT LAKE CITY — A family of four escaped their burning house early Thursday.
Just after 1 a.m., firefighters were called to a house at 1636 S. Jefferson Street. They arrived to find the basement of the two-story structure on fire, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
Two adults and two children, including a toddler, were already out of the home by the time firefighters arrived. One person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, Asay said.
The fire was contained to the basement. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Thursday.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14