SALT LAKE CITY — A family of four escaped their burning house early Thursday.
Just after 1 a.m., firefighters were called to a house at 1636 S. Jefferson Street. They arrived to find the basement of the two-story structure on fire, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
Two adults and two children, including a toddler, were already out of the home by the time firefighters arrived. One person was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, Asay said.
The fire was contained to the basement. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Thursday.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15