Former boyfriend charged with stalking candidate for state office
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A candidate running for state office in House District 34 said she was the victim of unwanted phone calls and text messages by her ex-boyfriend, leading to a stalking charge filed against the man Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
Celina Milner declined to comment Wednesday, calling the complaint a personal matter.
The charging documents allege repeated contact by Hector Ramon Martinez, 32, who now faces a misdemeanor charge of stalking for actions between March and July.
On March 7, Martinez became upset when he saw Milner with her ex-husband at her gym, the documents state. "Ms. Milner stated that the defendant is texting her 2-4 times a day as well as leaving her numerous voicemail messages," the documents states.
Police contacted the defendant on April 4 and instructed him to cease all communications, noting criminal charges could be pursued if he didn't stop the contact.
Milner reported to police that between April 25 and June 2 the defendant attempted to contact her numerous times, driving by the candidate's residence, sending her flowers, and continuing with phone calls, suspected from a blocked number.
A detective contacted Martinez on July 27, and he admitted to repeatedly contacting Milner.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14