Former boyfriend charged with stalking candidate for state office
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A candidate running for state office in House District 34 said she was the victim of unwanted phone calls and text messages by her ex-boyfriend, leading to a stalking charge filed against the man Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
Celina Milner declined to comment Wednesday, calling the complaint a personal matter.
The charging documents allege repeated contact by Hector Ramon Martinez, 32, who now faces a misdemeanor charge of stalking for actions between March and July.
On March 7, Martinez became upset when he saw Milner with her ex-husband at her gym, the documents state. "Ms. Milner stated that the defendant is texting her 2-4 times a day as well as leaving her numerous voicemail messages," the documents states.
Police contacted the defendant on April 4 and instructed him to cease all communications, noting criminal charges could be pursued if he didn't stop the contact.
Milner reported to police that between April 25 and June 2 the defendant attempted to contact her numerous times, driving by the candidate's residence, sending her flowers, and continuing with phone calls, suspected from a blocked number.
A detective contacted Martinez on July 27, and he admitted to repeatedly contacting Milner.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder Boyd K....
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14