Former boyfriend charged with stalking candidate for state office
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A candidate running for state office in House District 34 said she was the victim of unwanted phone calls and text messages by her ex-boyfriend, leading to a stalking charge filed against the man Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
Celina Milner declined to comment Wednesday, calling the complaint a personal matter.
The charging documents allege repeated contact by Hector Ramon Martinez, 32, who now faces a misdemeanor charge of stalking for actions between March and July.
On March 7, Martinez became upset when he saw Milner with her ex-husband at her gym, the documents state. "Ms. Milner stated that the defendant is texting her 2-4 times a day as well as leaving her numerous voicemail messages," the documents states.
Police contacted the defendant on April 4 and instructed him to cease all communications, noting criminal charges could be pursued if he didn't stop the contact.
Milner reported to police that between April 25 and June 2 the defendant attempted to contact her numerous times, driving by the candidate's residence, sending her flowers, and continuing with phone calls, suspected from a blocked number.
A detective contacted Martinez on July 27, and he admitted to repeatedly contacting Milner.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13