Former boyfriend charged with stalking candidate for state office
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A candidate running for state office in House District 34 said she was the victim of unwanted phone calls and text messages by her ex-boyfriend, leading to a stalking charge filed against the man Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
Celina Milner declined to comment Wednesday, calling the complaint a personal matter.
The charging documents allege repeated contact by Hector Ramon Martinez, 32, who now faces a misdemeanor charge of stalking for actions between March and July.
On March 7, Martinez became upset when he saw Milner with her ex-husband at her gym, the documents state. "Ms. Milner stated that the defendant is texting her 2-4 times a day as well as leaving her numerous voicemail messages," the documents states.
Police contacted the defendant on April 4 and instructed him to cease all communications, noting criminal charges could be pursued if he didn't stop the contact.
Milner reported to police that between April 25 and June 2 the defendant attempted to contact her numerous times, driving by the candidate's residence, sending her flowers, and continuing with phone calls, suspected from a blocked number.
A detective contacted Martinez on July 27, and he admitted to repeatedly contacting Milner.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor young...
- Mother of slain baby to serve 90 days in jail
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 27
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 26
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20