Former boyfriend charged with stalking candidate for state office
Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A candidate running for state office in House District 34 said she was the victim of unwanted phone calls and text messages by her ex-boyfriend, leading to a stalking charge filed against the man Wednesday in 3rd District Court.
Celina Milner declined to comment Wednesday, calling the complaint a personal matter.
The charging documents allege repeated contact by Hector Ramon Martinez, 32, who now faces a misdemeanor charge of stalking for actions between March and July.
On March 7, Martinez became upset when he saw Milner with her ex-husband at her gym, the documents state. "Ms. Milner stated that the defendant is texting her 2-4 times a day as well as leaving her numerous voicemail messages," the documents states.
Police contacted the defendant on April 4 and instructed him to cease all communications, noting criminal charges could be pursued if he didn't stop the contact.
Milner reported to police that between April 25 and June 2 the defendant attempted to contact her numerous times, driving by the candidate's residence, sending her flowers, and continuing with phone calls, suspected from a blocked number.
A detective contacted Martinez on July 27, and he admitted to repeatedly contacting Milner.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Icy roads blamed for Cedar City car crash...
- Local cowboys: A new foursome for the...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 6
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River... 6