Arnold Friberg’s pencil sketches from the Book of Mormon and "The Ten Commandments" will be on display Friday, Sept. 7, at the studios of Imagine Ballet in Ogden.
The event is free to the public and runs from 6 to 9 p.m.
Friberg, who lived in Utah for most of his life, is perhaps best known for his 1975 painting "The Prayer at Valley Forge." He is also recognized for his 15 paintings for the Cecil B. DeMille film "The Ten Commandments" and a series of paintings depicting scenes from the Book of Mormon.
Friberg died in 2010 at the age of 96.
Raymond Von Mason, the theater's art director, said Friberg usually destroyed his preliminary sketches so only the final product existed.
"If you know his art well, you will appreciate the sketches," Von Mason said. "There are sketches of horses, Western scenes, 'The Ten Commandments' and a series of Joseph Smith with the angel Moroni."
The sketches and artwork come from the private collection of Richard L. Anderson.
The Imagine Ballet Theatre is located at 2432 Washington Blvd. in Ogden. During the art show, members of the theater will be rehearsing parts of the new ballet, "The Fairy Doll."
For more information, contact Von Mason at 801-393-5000 or visit www.imagineballet.org.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle Choir,...
- Sadie Robertson lets her light shine during...
- Watch: LDS musician Lindsey Stirling speaks...
- LDS Church releases 'He Is The Gift'...
- LDS Church to send email newsletters to...
- The foolish pilgrim offers a valuable lesson
- New friends plan to work together to... 60
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- John Jones died in a cave, but his... 14
- Ask Angela: Should I end this... 10
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon 8
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an... 7
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6