SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College has named Tim Sheehan as vice president of government and community relations. Sheehan had been serving as the college’s vice president of institutional advancement since July 2010.
Sheehan previously served as the state director to U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett for more than nine years. He worked in the administration of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, serving initially as the governor’s assistant deputy for communications, and later as his deputy for policy.
Sheehan also has government relations experience in the private sector, having worked as the government relations manager for two different companies. He has a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration.
Sheehan's new role will be to provide leadership and executive direction for SLCC and cultivate relationships with federal, state, local and community leaders.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12