SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College has named Tim Sheehan as vice president of government and community relations. Sheehan had been serving as the college’s vice president of institutional advancement since July 2010.
Sheehan previously served as the state director to U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett for more than nine years. He worked in the administration of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, serving initially as the governor’s assistant deputy for communications, and later as his deputy for policy.
Sheehan also has government relations experience in the private sector, having worked as the government relations manager for two different companies. He has a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration.
Sheehan's new role will be to provide leadership and executive direction for SLCC and cultivate relationships with federal, state, local and community leaders.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11