SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College has named Tim Sheehan as vice president of government and community relations. Sheehan had been serving as the college’s vice president of institutional advancement since July 2010.
Sheehan previously served as the state director to U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett for more than nine years. He worked in the administration of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, serving initially as the governor’s assistant deputy for communications, and later as his deputy for policy.
Sheehan also has government relations experience in the private sector, having worked as the government relations manager for two different companies. He has a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration.
Sheehan's new role will be to provide leadership and executive direction for SLCC and cultivate relationships with federal, state, local and community leaders.
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Appeal of excommunicated LDS activist Kate...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Clearfield pediatrician arrested in child...
- Ready for snow? Here's what's new in Utah
- Man accused of shooting 72-year-old West...
- Photos: Vivint employees remodel house for...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 27
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated... 27
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21