SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College has named Tim Sheehan as vice president of government and community relations. Sheehan had been serving as the college’s vice president of institutional advancement since July 2010.
Sheehan previously served as the state director to U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett for more than nine years. He worked in the administration of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, serving initially as the governor’s assistant deputy for communications, and later as his deputy for policy.
Sheehan also has government relations experience in the private sector, having worked as the government relations manager for two different companies. He has a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration.
Sheehan's new role will be to provide leadership and executive direction for SLCC and cultivate relationships with federal, state, local and community leaders.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14