SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College has named Tim Sheehan as vice president of government and community relations. Sheehan had been serving as the college’s vice president of institutional advancement since July 2010.
Sheehan previously served as the state director to U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett for more than nine years. He worked in the administration of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, serving initially as the governor’s assistant deputy for communications, and later as his deputy for policy.
Sheehan also has government relations experience in the private sector, having worked as the government relations manager for two different companies. He has a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration.
Sheehan's new role will be to provide leadership and executive direction for SLCC and cultivate relationships with federal, state, local and community leaders.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 23