Today in the Bloggernacle: Recognizing 'Patterns of Light' is a new video series with Elder Bednar
Part 1: “If I had to use one word to describe ‘light,’ I would use the word ‘radiance.’” Elder David A. Bednar’s words introduce us to this new Mormon Messages three-part series called “Patterns of Light.” The first part centers on “The Light of Christ” and what it means to both members and those around the world. “The Light of Christ is what many people would call a conscience, but it’s more than a physiological effect that takes place in people,” explains Elder Bednar, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Click in to see why it is more and how the light of Jesus Christ can both increase and be diminished.
Part 2: The second part, “Discerning Light,” focuses on recognizing divine light and discerning it from our own thoughts. Elder Bednar explains, “Everything that invites and entices us to do good and be good comes from God.” Click in to learn Elder Bednar's suggestion of why God doesn’t always make divine revelation dramatic every time.
Part 3: In the final part, “Spirit of Revelation,” Elder Bednar discusses the different types of revelation from God and how we can recognize these. He likens them to the turning on a light switch, the slow rising of the sun and walking with faith in the fog. Find out which way occurs the most for Elder Bednar. Wow.
Reaching out: What does an author whose much-anticipated young adult trilogy conclusion is coming out this fall do the summer before its release? Well Ally Condie gives a sneak peek into her life with “What I Did This Summer, a Photo Essay.” Besides reading some good books, doing a half-marathon, she “also proofed and read and reread all of the books in the Matched series, taking notes to make sure things lined up and worked out the way I’d planned. Oh, you guys. I hope you love 'Reached.' I can’t tell you how grateful I am to know that there are people out there who care about this story.” Click in to see more!
Patterns of Light: The Light of Christ
What is light? In this three part series, Elder David A. Bednar discusses how we receive and perceive light from God. Part 1 centers on the properties of light and how the Light of Christ affects all men and women everywhere.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Drone flies over LDS Washington D.C.Temple,...
- Wright Words: Former priest, pastor share...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- LDS Church publishes new Web essay on Book of...
- BYU students took cover in bomb shelter...
- Here's a riddle: What highlights Biblical...
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon conference...
- Making the transition from seminary to institute
- LDS Church publishes new Web essay on... 91
- Ask Angela: I don't want to go to BYU 58
- Reader Voices: An argument for the... 34
- Wright Words: Former priest, pastor... 29
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 29
- Hobby Lobby aftermath spawns... 25
- Drone flies over LDS Washington... 16
- Why a religious exemption would not... 12