SALT LAKE CITY — Fisheries biologists are recommending some fishing changes in Utah in 2013.
The changes include:
• Allowing anglers to have up to three hooks on their fishing line. Currently, Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge are the only waters in Utah at which anglers can use up to three hooks.
• Allowing archers to use bows and arrows to fish for common carp in shallow water at night. Currently, bow fishing for common carp is allowed only during the day.
Cushing says 1,367 anglers responded to a survey that was available on the DWR's website from mid-May to mid-June, and the recommended changes were based on their input.
All of the fishing changes the DWR is recommending for 2013 are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
The public is invited to attend regional meetings to discuss potential changes. The meetings include: Sept. 11, 6:30 p.m., Springville Public Library, 45 S. Main, Springville; Sept. 12, 6 p.m., Brigham City Community Center, 24 N. 300 West, Brigham City; Sept. 18, 7 p.m., Richfield High School, 510 W. 100 South, Richfield; Sept. 19, 6:30 p.m., Emery County Building, 75 E. Main, Castle Dale; Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m., Division of Wildlife Resources, 318 N. Vernal Ave., Vernal.
The public can also email their regional advisory council members. Email addresses are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8