SALT LAKE CITY — Fisheries biologists are recommending some fishing changes in Utah in 2013.
The changes include:
• Allowing anglers to have up to three hooks on their fishing line. Currently, Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge are the only waters in Utah at which anglers can use up to three hooks.
• Allowing archers to use bows and arrows to fish for common carp in shallow water at night. Currently, bow fishing for common carp is allowed only during the day.
Cushing says 1,367 anglers responded to a survey that was available on the DWR's website from mid-May to mid-June, and the recommended changes were based on their input.
All of the fishing changes the DWR is recommending for 2013 are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
The public is invited to attend regional meetings to discuss potential changes. The meetings include: Sept. 11, 6:30 p.m., Springville Public Library, 45 S. Main, Springville; Sept. 12, 6 p.m., Brigham City Community Center, 24 N. 300 West, Brigham City; Sept. 18, 7 p.m., Richfield High School, 510 W. 100 South, Richfield; Sept. 19, 6:30 p.m., Emery County Building, 75 E. Main, Castle Dale; Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m., Division of Wildlife Resources, 318 N. Vernal Ave., Vernal.
The public can also email their regional advisory council members. Email addresses are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Family touched by tragedy gives back to Orem...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 144
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 69
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 36
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 25
- Salt Lake protesters take their message... 18
- Gov. Herbert tours state prison to... 16
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 13