SALT LAKE CITY — Fisheries biologists are recommending some fishing changes in Utah in 2013.
The changes include:
• Allowing anglers to have up to three hooks on their fishing line. Currently, Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge are the only waters in Utah at which anglers can use up to three hooks.
• Allowing archers to use bows and arrows to fish for common carp in shallow water at night. Currently, bow fishing for common carp is allowed only during the day.
Cushing says 1,367 anglers responded to a survey that was available on the DWR's website from mid-May to mid-June, and the recommended changes were based on their input.
All of the fishing changes the DWR is recommending for 2013 are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
The public is invited to attend regional meetings to discuss potential changes. The meetings include: Sept. 11, 6:30 p.m., Springville Public Library, 45 S. Main, Springville; Sept. 12, 6 p.m., Brigham City Community Center, 24 N. 300 West, Brigham City; Sept. 18, 7 p.m., Richfield High School, 510 W. 100 South, Richfield; Sept. 19, 6:30 p.m., Emery County Building, 75 E. Main, Castle Dale; Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m., Division of Wildlife Resources, 318 N. Vernal Ave., Vernal.
The public can also email their regional advisory council members. Email addresses are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19