SALT LAKE CITY — Fisheries biologists are recommending some fishing changes in Utah in 2013.
The changes include:
• Allowing anglers to have up to three hooks on their fishing line. Currently, Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge are the only waters in Utah at which anglers can use up to three hooks.
• Allowing archers to use bows and arrows to fish for common carp in shallow water at night. Currently, bow fishing for common carp is allowed only during the day.
Cushing says 1,367 anglers responded to a survey that was available on the DWR's website from mid-May to mid-June, and the recommended changes were based on their input.
All of the fishing changes the DWR is recommending for 2013 are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
The public is invited to attend regional meetings to discuss potential changes. The meetings include: Sept. 11, 6:30 p.m., Springville Public Library, 45 S. Main, Springville; Sept. 12, 6 p.m., Brigham City Community Center, 24 N. 300 West, Brigham City; Sept. 18, 7 p.m., Richfield High School, 510 W. 100 South, Richfield; Sept. 19, 6:30 p.m., Emery County Building, 75 E. Main, Castle Dale; Sept. 20, 6:30 p.m., Division of Wildlife Resources, 318 N. Vernal Ave., Vernal.
The public can also email their regional advisory council members. Email addresses are available at www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings.
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Officials tackling existing, expected...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 61
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 47
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 16
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15