FRUIT HEIGHTS — Criminal charges have been filed against a man who police believe burglarized at least three garages in Fruit Heights and is suspected in at least seven other burglaries.
Elliot Frasier, 22, was charged Tuesday in 2nd District Court with theft, a second-degree felony, and criminal mischief, a class B misdemeanor.
The break for investigators came when one of Fraiser's own relatives called to report four of his long guns and a handgun had been stolen, said Davis County Sheriff's Sgt. Susan Poulsen.
Those items were found in local pawn shops. Investigators also found other stolen items in pawn shops throughout Davis and Salt Lake counties. The burglaries occurred between mid-July and mid-August, Poulsen said. In each case, Frasier is believed to have stolen items from open garages or unlocked cars.
Some of the stolen items included sporting equipment, jewelry, GPS systems and tools.
On July 28, a man noticed pry marks on a safe in his home. His brother, who lives in the same house, discovered his gun was missing. Prosecutors say Frasier had been at their house.
When officers went to Frasier's house to question him, he tried to run off, Poulsen said. An officer chased him for about two blocks before Fraiser got winded and surrendered.
Poulsen said detectives were looking at whether Fraiser could be connected to numerous other burglary cases.
Last month, Frasier was charged in 2nd District Court with theft, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors, according to Utah court records. He pleaded guilty in January to misdemeanor intoxication.
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- Emergency preparedness deals for the...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 22
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15