FRUIT HEIGHTS — Criminal charges have been filed against a man who police believe burglarized at least three garages in Fruit Heights and is suspected in at least seven other burglaries.
Elliot Frasier, 22, was charged Tuesday in 2nd District Court with theft, a second-degree felony, and criminal mischief, a class B misdemeanor.
The break for investigators came when one of Fraiser's own relatives called to report four of his long guns and a handgun had been stolen, said Davis County Sheriff's Sgt. Susan Poulsen.
Those items were found in local pawn shops. Investigators also found other stolen items in pawn shops throughout Davis and Salt Lake counties. The burglaries occurred between mid-July and mid-August, Poulsen said. In each case, Frasier is believed to have stolen items from open garages or unlocked cars.
Some of the stolen items included sporting equipment, jewelry, GPS systems and tools.
On July 28, a man noticed pry marks on a safe in his home. His brother, who lives in the same house, discovered his gun was missing. Prosecutors say Frasier had been at their house.
When officers went to Frasier's house to question him, he tried to run off, Poulsen said. An officer chased him for about two blocks before Fraiser got winded and surrendered.
Poulsen said detectives were looking at whether Fraiser could be connected to numerous other burglary cases.
Last month, Frasier was charged in 2nd District Court with theft, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors, according to Utah court records. He pleaded guilty in January to misdemeanor intoxication.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11