Blue roundup: Cougars still 'serious contender' to land Jabari Parker, according to espn.com's Andy Katz
Katz reports that Parker made an unofficial recruiting visit to BYU last Thursday and met with coach Dave Rose.
"Parker, who is Mormon, has made multiple unofficial visits to various schools," Katz writes. "The 6-foot-8 forward out of Simeon High in Chicago has a laundry list of program that would take him in a second: BYU, DePaul, Duke, Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina and Stanford. But getting Parker on campus for the Cougars is still a major coup. The Cougars have quite a weekend ahead after the football team blasted Washington State in its home opener Thursday: Point guard Nick Emery and center Eric Mika, committed 2013 top-100 players out of Highland (Utah) Lone Peak High, are making official visits.
Former BYU receiver Austin Collie, who recently sustained another concussion, could play in the Indianapolis Colts' season-opener this weekend, according to the Indianapolis Star.
Ncaafootball.com reviews BYU's upset of No. 1 Miami on Sept. 8, 1990, in this week's feature that looks back at memorable moments in college football history.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32