Blue roundup: Cougars still 'serious contender' to land Jabari Parker, according to espn.com's Andy Katz
Katz reports that Parker made an unofficial recruiting visit to BYU last Thursday and met with coach Dave Rose.
"Parker, who is Mormon, has made multiple unofficial visits to various schools," Katz writes. "The 6-foot-8 forward out of Simeon High in Chicago has a laundry list of program that would take him in a second: BYU, DePaul, Duke, Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina and Stanford. But getting Parker on campus for the Cougars is still a major coup. The Cougars have quite a weekend ahead after the football team blasted Washington State in its home opener Thursday: Point guard Nick Emery and center Eric Mika, committed 2013 top-100 players out of Highland (Utah) Lone Peak High, are making official visits.
Former BYU receiver Austin Collie, who recently sustained another concussion, could play in the Indianapolis Colts' season-opener this weekend, according to the Indianapolis Star.
Ncaafootball.com reviews BYU's upset of No. 1 Miami on Sept. 8, 1990, in this week's feature that looks back at memorable moments in college football history.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- How about a Utah-BYU matchup in NCAA tournament?
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 102
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 76
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27