USU golf: Aggie golfers open 2012 season at Weber State in the second-annual Battle in the Tetons
Utah State men’s golf team will begin its 2012 fall season on Monday, Sept. 3, at the second-annual Battle in the Tetons hosted by Weber State University. The two-day, 54-hole tournament, will be held at the Headwaters Golf Club at Teton Springs Resort in Victor, Idaho.
The tournament, which gets underway at 8 a.m. Monday morning, will play at par-72 over the 7,373-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are senior Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah), juniors Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho) and Zach Waxler (Casper, Wyo.) and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
Higham played 23 rounds for Utah State last season and led the team with a stroke average of 74.83, while Dennis played 17 rounds and had a stroke average of77.82.
At last year’s inaugural Battle in the Tetons, Utah State finished tied for eighth with a 39-over 903 (308-297-298), while Dennis tied for 30th with an 11-over 227 (79-72-76). Higham tied for 36th with a 14-over 230 (76-76-78).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16