Anyone that knew my Ryan knew what a kind hearted loving person he was! Ryan did have a drug addiction which he would admit to. He was never a liar and he told the police everything about that night and helped however he could to assist the investigation. One of the things the defense brought up in court was how Ryan reacted emotionless to learning that his sister had been shot and killed. How would you react? Would your reaction be the same as the next person? Would you be in shock like Ryan obviously was, like the officers testified to in court? But why believe the officers when you could believe the murdering drug dealer and his lies. Ryan would never hurt anyone especially his own sister and he would never have threatened anyone like Roman claimed over two and a half years later, and once Ryan was unable to defend himself. Roman stated that Ryan was afraid to be pulled over by the law that morning because he had drugs, but was Roman not more afraid because he was a convicted illegal alien in possession of a gun? Or did he know Judge Eyre would let him off easy? It’s amazing how Rob Roman all of a sudden became Roberto Roman that couldn’t understand or speak English like he had been doing for years. I hope that the jury and all other citizens feel safe when this murder is released. Once he is released and deported you will have only made him a hero in Mexico for killing a law officer in the US.
Judge Eyre was very concerned about offending the defense attorneys throughout this case. In finding Roman mentally retarded he ignored reality in favor of the opinions of two highly paid shrinks, whose job it was to find Roman retarded. He refused to consider anything but the testimony that favored this outcome. Judge Eyre didn’t even allow one of the doctors whom he appointed to evaluate Roman to testify in this hearing due to the defense objecting to his expertise on the matter. Instead we got to sit there and watch the dog and pony show, that the defense hired, tell us how Roman is mentally retarded and basically how everyone of us would be by their paid experts’ definition. Judge Eyre did everything he was told to do by the state funded defense. He was spellbound. Roman made an idiot out of Judge Eyre and played him for a fool. Roman’s acquittal makes us wonder if being deemed mentally retarded a trait to aspire to? We don’t all have the thousands of state dollars, which Roman had spent on him, to be found mentally retarded at our disposal.
My family and I, most importantly Josie, did not receive the justice that she deserved. Ryan was accused of something he was not capable of, and simply did not do. The judge and jury made sure that justice could not be served. I hope they can sleep at night with their decisions… I know we can’t.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12