Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A fire in an electrical shed near the East High School football field forced an evacuation of the bleachers and halted play on the field Friday night.
The football game between Jordan and East High was stopped in the third quarter. An electrical box was damaged, but no other damage was caused to the building.
The stadium was evacuated as a precaution, said Jasen Asay, Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman. Officials postponed the game indefinitely.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9