Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A fire in an electrical shed near the East High School football field forced an evacuation of the bleachers and halted play on the field Friday night.
The football game between Jordan and East High was stopped in the third quarter. An electrical box was damaged, but no other damage was caused to the building.
The stadium was evacuated as a precaution, said Jasen Asay, Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman. Officials postponed the game indefinitely.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 293
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 130
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 74
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35