Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A fire in an electrical shed near the East High School football field forced an evacuation of the bleachers and halted play on the field Friday night.
The football game between Jordan and East High was stopped in the third quarter. An electrical box was damaged, but no other damage was caused to the building.
The stadium was evacuated as a precaution, said Jasen Asay, Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman. Officials postponed the game indefinitely.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 107
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17