Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A fire in an electrical shed near the East High School football field forced an evacuation of the bleachers and halted play on the field Friday night.
The football game between Jordan and East High was stopped in the third quarter. An electrical box was damaged, but no other damage was caused to the building.
The stadium was evacuated as a precaution, said Jasen Asay, Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman. Officials postponed the game indefinitely.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19