Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A fire in an electrical shed near the East High School football field forced an evacuation of the bleachers and halted play on the field Friday night.
The football game between Jordan and East High was stopped in the third quarter. An electrical box was damaged, but no other damage was caused to the building.
The stadium was evacuated as a precaution, said Jasen Asay, Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman. Officials postponed the game indefinitely.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15