Nikki Schultz, Shadow Mountain Records
When Calee Reed lets go with her big, hearty, infectious laugh, you can't help but laugh along. And when she sings of joy or of holding on through heartbreak, it's hard not to feel that you know exactly what she means. I guess that's the beauty of "The Waiting Place," the new album of songs that marks Reed's recording debut.
With imaginative pairings of familiar hymns and lots of originals, Calee Reed hits the mark nearly every time. Her runaway success of a music video (which you can see here on her website www.caleereed.com or below) shows a gift for finding the divine in the mundane and the everyday; the perspective that suddenly snaps everything trivial into it's proper proportion when something really important is suddenly at stake.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
Give My Heart Your Peace
Better Than a Hallelujah
Called to Serve
Closer to You
Time for Love
Trust in God
The Waiting Place
Where Can I Turn for Peace?/Be Still, My Soul
She Put the Music in Me
Come, Thou Fount/I Am a Child of God
'She Put The Music in Me' by Calee Reed
Calee Reed's first album, "The Waiting Place," is a reflection on her most difficult moments in life: watching her mother battle with cancer. Now, more than a year later, her music is a testimony of the power of faith and will bring hope and courage to the wounded heart.
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 35
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6