SALT LAKE CITY — Park City School District Superintendent Ray Timothy has been named the new chief executive officer and executive director of the Utah Education Network.
The decision was announced by the UEN board on Thursday following a nationwide search. Prior to his position with Park City schools, Timothy was superintendent of the Millard County School District and deputy superintendent of the State Office of Education.
"I have always considered UEN to be one of Utah’s greatest assets," Timothy said in a prepared statement. "I am looking forward to working with all stakeholders to continue to advance Utah’s educational technology and enhance UEN’s position as one of the nation’s premiere education networks."
UEN is a public and private partnership that provides network services, application services and support services to public education, higher education and libraries. It provides connectivity and educational resources to more than 750,000 students and more than 61,000 educators and staff in Utah public and higher education.
"Ray Timothy's extensive experience with school districts and at the state level qualifies him to work collaboratively with Utah schools, universities and libraries," state associate superintendent Brenda Hales said in a prepared statement. "We're confident he will bring expert leadership to UEN's award-winning staff."
Mike Petersen, UEN's former executive director, resigned in January to accept a faculty position at Utah State University.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Officials: Two women in Utah with Zika are...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8