SALT LAKE CITY — Park City School District Superintendent Ray Timothy has been named the new chief executive officer and executive director of the Utah Education Network.
The decision was announced by the UEN board on Thursday following a nationwide search. Prior to his position with Park City schools, Timothy was superintendent of the Millard County School District and deputy superintendent of the State Office of Education.
"I have always considered UEN to be one of Utah’s greatest assets," Timothy said in a prepared statement. "I am looking forward to working with all stakeholders to continue to advance Utah’s educational technology and enhance UEN’s position as one of the nation’s premiere education networks."
UEN is a public and private partnership that provides network services, application services and support services to public education, higher education and libraries. It provides connectivity and educational resources to more than 750,000 students and more than 61,000 educators and staff in Utah public and higher education.
"Ray Timothy's extensive experience with school districts and at the state level qualifies him to work collaboratively with Utah schools, universities and libraries," state associate superintendent Brenda Hales said in a prepared statement. "We're confident he will bring expert leadership to UEN's award-winning staff."
Mike Petersen, UEN's former executive director, resigned in January to accept a faculty position at Utah State University.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12