SALT LAKE CITY — Park City School District Superintendent Ray Timothy has been named the new chief executive officer and executive director of the Utah Education Network.
The decision was announced by the UEN board on Thursday following a nationwide search. Prior to his position with Park City schools, Timothy was superintendent of the Millard County School District and deputy superintendent of the State Office of Education.
"I have always considered UEN to be one of Utah’s greatest assets," Timothy said in a prepared statement. "I am looking forward to working with all stakeholders to continue to advance Utah’s educational technology and enhance UEN’s position as one of the nation’s premiere education networks."
UEN is a public and private partnership that provides network services, application services and support services to public education, higher education and libraries. It provides connectivity and educational resources to more than 750,000 students and more than 61,000 educators and staff in Utah public and higher education.
"Ray Timothy's extensive experience with school districts and at the state level qualifies him to work collaboratively with Utah schools, universities and libraries," state associate superintendent Brenda Hales said in a prepared statement. "We're confident he will bring expert leadership to UEN's award-winning staff."
Mike Petersen, UEN's former executive director, resigned in January to accept a faculty position at Utah State University.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8