SALT LAKE CITY — Park City School District Superintendent Ray Timothy has been named the new chief executive officer and executive director of the Utah Education Network.
The decision was announced by the UEN board on Thursday following a nationwide search. Prior to his position with Park City schools, Timothy was superintendent of the Millard County School District and deputy superintendent of the State Office of Education.
"I have always considered UEN to be one of Utah’s greatest assets," Timothy said in a prepared statement. "I am looking forward to working with all stakeholders to continue to advance Utah’s educational technology and enhance UEN’s position as one of the nation’s premiere education networks."
UEN is a public and private partnership that provides network services, application services and support services to public education, higher education and libraries. It provides connectivity and educational resources to more than 750,000 students and more than 61,000 educators and staff in Utah public and higher education.
"Ray Timothy's extensive experience with school districts and at the state level qualifies him to work collaboratively with Utah schools, universities and libraries," state associate superintendent Brenda Hales said in a prepared statement. "We're confident he will bring expert leadership to UEN's award-winning staff."
Mike Petersen, UEN's former executive director, resigned in January to accept a faculty position at Utah State University.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- List of potential prison sites cut to three
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 95
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 15
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11