Tom Smart, Deseret News
OREM — The 1600 North interchange will be closed for up to two weeks, beginning as soon as Tuesday, as crews continue the I-15 expansion project in Utah County.
Drivers are encouraged to use Pleasant Grove Boulevard and 800 North as alternate routes during the closures.
"Closing the 1600 North interchange will allow us to complete the next phase of construction more quickly, and it will reduce delays in the long term as we work to finish the entire project by December," said Mindy Nelson, spokeswoman for the Utah Department of Transportation.
All on- and off-ramps at 1600 North are scheduled to remain closed, as well as 1600 North under I-15. Construction crews will be repaving 1600 North with new asphalt designed to last longer than the existing pavement and provide a smoother ride for drivers.
Following the two-week full interchange closure, crews are scheduled to close the south half of the interchange for up to two weeks to complete construction on the southbound on-ramp and northbound off-ramp.
Motorists can stay informed about these and other I-15 CORE construction activities by signing up for weekly email updates on UDOT's website, following the project on Facebook and Twitter and receiving text updates by texting “i15core” to 53535.
Construction is on schedule for completion in December 2012.
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Cellphone unlocking set to become legal again
- 3 ways you can save money on movie theater...
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting pay...
- Family feud sparks revolt at grocery store...
- Russian execs fear lasting damage from...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 16
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 8
- Does getting married really increase... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3