BYU softball: softball team announces the 2012 fall schedule and 2013 regular season schedule
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO, Utah - BYU head coach Gordon Eakin announced Tuesday the 2012 fall softball schedule and the 2013 regular season schedule, along with the Pacific Coast Softball Conference games.
BYU will lead off the 2013 season by co-hosting a tournament with Utah Valley in St. George from Feb. 7-9.
After competing in four more preseason tournaments, BYU will begin its regular season at home against Marist College on March 19. This will be the second time BYU will play Marist in its history, with the last time ending in a 9-1 Cougar victory in 2004.
After playing Marist, BYU will face its first PCSC opponent at the University of San Diego March 22-23 and then will return home to play the University of Houston March 29-30 in a three-game series.
BYU will also play PCSC opponents UVU, Loyola Marymount, Santa Clara, CSU Bakersfield and Saint Mary’s throughout the season.
To end the regular season, BYU will play the University of Utah in the Deseret First Duel at home on May 11.
As the PCSC will not hold a conference championship, the automatic bid into the NCAA playoffs will go to the regular-season conference champions.
Other game matchups and official times, along with broadcast and radio information, will be announced at a later date.
BYU will begin fall play on Sep. 29 at home against Southern Idaho at 4 p.m. MDT and Weber State right after at 6:15 MDT in a double-header.
BYU will also play six games in October. Dates, times and teams will be announced at a later date, but the Cougars will close out their fall schedule with a double-header at Dixie State on Oct. 27.
Jamie Morris is the softball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45