SALT LAKE — Salt Lake Community College is opening Utah's first solar photovoltaic training yard.
SLCC’s Green Academy will hold an event celebrating the completion of the PV training yard on Sept. 6, at the college’s Meadowbrook Campus, 250 W. 3900 South.
The launch will highlight the solar PV training yard and classroom space, and will feature student and faculty-led abbreviated labs and solar panel demonstrations.
Deborah Buterbaugh, energy project specialist from the U.S. Department of Energy, will be attending the launch.
The PV training yard is a resource for industry professionals and prospective technicians looking to develop knowledge and skills through hands-on training and curriculum provided by North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners certified instructors.
To watch a time-lapse video of the construction for the solar training yard visit: youtu.be/rUfp_IX13UY
SLCC’s Green Academy program offers workshops, courses, certificate and degree programs that are designed for industry-related professionals seeking career advancement or for individuals looking to enter renewable energy fields.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15