Hearing set for Wasatch County sex-abuse case against Greg Peterson
HEBER CITY — A man ordered to stand trial on numerous sex abuse charges in Salt Lake County will now have a preliminary hearing on a separate charge in Wasatch County.
Gregory Peterson, 37, is facing a single count of forcible sex abuse, a second-degree felony, in 4th District Court for an incident alleged to have occurred in June 2010. A hearing on the evidence in the case has been scheduled for Oct. 10.
Prosecutors say Peterson invited a woman to his cabin in Wasatch County for lunch, and afterward invited her upstairs to his bedroom to watch a movie.
During the movie, Peterson began kissing the woman and then exposed himself and forced her to touch him, the charges state. The woman pulled away, then "stood up, putting her hand on the holster of her gun" and told him he needed to take her home.
Police say Peterson then took the woman back to Utah County.
Peterson has been ordered to stand trial on 25 different charges in Salt Lake County accusing him of kidnapping, raping or sexually assaulting four other women. At least two of the victims said their assaults also happened at Peterson's Heber City cabin.
Peterson is currently being held on $2 million bail.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17