HEBER CITY — A man ordered to stand trial on numerous sex abuse charges in Salt Lake County will now have a preliminary hearing on a separate charge in Wasatch County.
Gregory Peterson, 37, is facing a single count of forcible sex abuse, a second-degree felony, in 4th District Court for an incident alleged to have occurred in June 2010. A hearing on the evidence in the case has been scheduled for Oct. 10.
Prosecutors say Peterson invited a woman to his cabin in Wasatch County for lunch, and afterward invited her upstairs to his bedroom to watch a movie.
During the movie, Peterson began kissing the woman and then exposed himself and forced her to touch him, the charges state. The woman pulled away, then "stood up, putting her hand on the holster of her gun" and told him he needed to take her home.
Police say Peterson then took the woman back to Utah County.
Peterson has been ordered to stand trial on 25 different charges in Salt Lake County accusing him of kidnapping, raping or sexually assaulting four other women. At least two of the victims said their assaults also happened at Peterson's Heber City cabin.
Peterson is currently being held on $2 million bail.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12