The best a football team can perform is due to its level of experience, according to deepshadesofblue.com.
BYU is a team that's extremely underestimated, according to the article. BYU has 14 starters returning this season and 65 letterman. Even with a tough road schedule, the Cougars' team experience could yield big results this year.
"The team experience and talent is probably greater than at any time in its storied history," according to the article. "Look for BYU to have a possible BCS-busting year."
Even though experience doesn't guarantee a team success, team injuries, the death of a family member and personnel losses can't be predicted. But barring any unforeseen problems, BYU could have a big season, according to deepshadesofblue.com.
Read more on Deep Shades of Blue.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28