The BYU Cougars will start the 2012 season against Washington State. The two teams have battled each other three other occasions. Neither team has ever scored less than 36 points or accumulated less than 350 yards of total offense, according to bluecollarfootball.com.
Last season, BYU's offense averaged 405.7 yards and 30.1 points per contest, according to the article. WSU averaged 422.5 yards and 29.8 points per game, without its new head coach, BYU alumn and former Texas Tech coach, Mike Leach.
But a high-flying offense might be hard to come by for either team, according to the article. In the past seven season openers, BYU has held its opponents to an average of 14.7 points per game while scoring an average of just 18.8. Leach is also new to WSU, meaning his team will be learning a new offense.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: @BullockBlaze
Read more on Blue Cougar Football.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45