Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The death of a 16-year-old boy whose body was found in a vacant lot Wednesday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
Police were called about 7:30 a.m. to 1120 E. Crandall Ave. (2900 South), where they found the body of Kenyatta Winston. The teen had been shot, police said.
Family members told police they had not seen Winston since Sunday evening. It's unclear why the teen, who lived in Glendale, was in the area.
The Salt Lake City Police Department has asked anyone with information about the case to call 801-799-3000.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8