Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The death of a 16-year-old boy whose body was found in a vacant lot Wednesday morning is being investigated as a homicide.
Police were called about 7:30 a.m. to 1120 E. Crandall Ave. (2900 South), where they found the body of Kenyatta Winston. The teen had been shot, police said.
Family members told police they had not seen Winston since Sunday evening. It's unclear why the teen, who lived in Glendale, was in the area.
The Salt Lake City Police Department has asked anyone with information about the case to call 801-799-3000.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7