FARMINGTON — One person was killed Tuesday night in a multiple-vehicle crash near Lagoon, officials said.
The accident occurred just after 9 p.m. on northbound I-15 near mile post 323, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. A 52-year-old man had stopped his vehicle on the side of the road and was putting fuel into the gas tank when a second car drifted and struck him and his vehicle.
The man was killed instantly, Johnson said, and the vehicle that struck him spun back out into traffic and was struck by a third car traveling northbound.
The victim's name was not released Tuesday, and the total number of individuals involved was not yet available, Johnson said. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22