FARMINGTON — One person was killed Tuesday night in a multiple-vehicle crash near Lagoon, officials said.
The accident occurred just after 9 p.m. on northbound I-15 near mile post 323, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. A 52-year-old man had stopped his vehicle on the side of the road and was putting fuel into the gas tank when a second car drifted and struck him and his vehicle.
The man was killed instantly, Johnson said, and the vehicle that struck him spun back out into traffic and was struck by a third car traveling northbound.
The victim's name was not released Tuesday, and the total number of individuals involved was not yet available, Johnson said. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9