FARMINGTON — One person was killed Tuesday night in a multiple-vehicle crash near Lagoon, officials said.
The accident occurred just after 9 p.m. on northbound I-15 near mile post 323, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. A 52-year-old man had stopped his vehicle on the side of the road and was putting fuel into the gas tank when a second car drifted and struck him and his vehicle.
The man was killed instantly, Johnson said, and the vehicle that struck him spun back out into traffic and was struck by a third car traveling northbound.
The victim's name was not released Tuesday, and the total number of individuals involved was not yet available, Johnson said. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11