FARMINGTON — One person was killed Tuesday night in a multiple-vehicle crash near Lagoon, officials said.
The accident occurred just after 9 p.m. on northbound I-15 near mile post 323, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. A 52-year-old man had stopped his vehicle on the side of the road and was putting fuel into the gas tank when a second car drifted and struck him and his vehicle.
The man was killed instantly, Johnson said, and the vehicle that struck him spun back out into traffic and was struck by a third car traveling northbound.
The victim's name was not released Tuesday, and the total number of individuals involved was not yet available, Johnson said. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Youth volunteers plant 3,000 flags at Sandy...
- Man charged with threats of terrorism,...
- Riverton man arrested in 'unique' display of...
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8