FARMINGTON — One person was killed Tuesday night in a multiple-vehicle crash near Lagoon, officials said.
The accident occurred just after 9 p.m. on northbound I-15 near mile post 323, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. A 52-year-old man had stopped his vehicle on the side of the road and was putting fuel into the gas tank when a second car drifted and struck him and his vehicle.
The man was killed instantly, Johnson said, and the vehicle that struck him spun back out into traffic and was struck by a third car traveling northbound.
The victim's name was not released Tuesday, and the total number of individuals involved was not yet available, Johnson said. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14