FARMINGTON — One person was killed Tuesday night in a multiple-vehicle crash near Lagoon, officials said.
The accident occurred just after 9 p.m. on northbound I-15 near mile post 323, Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said. A 52-year-old man had stopped his vehicle on the side of the road and was putting fuel into the gas tank when a second car drifted and struck him and his vehicle.
The man was killed instantly, Johnson said, and the vehicle that struck him spun back out into traffic and was struck by a third car traveling northbound.
The victim's name was not released Tuesday, and the total number of individuals involved was not yet available, Johnson said. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11