UVU soccer: Lexi Robison, Lexi Dunn named Great West Players of the Week
NAPERVILLE, Ill. — Utah Valley University soccer swept the Great West Conference weekly awards as midfielder Lexi Robison and defender Lexi Dunn were named GWC Players of the Week. The awards, career-firsts for Robison and Dunn, were announced Tuesday by the league office.
Robinson, a sophomore from Orem, Utah, claimed Offensive Player of the Week honors after recording two goals and an assist - five total points - in two matches last week at the OHANA Hotels & Suites No Ka Oi in Honolulu, Hawai'i. The midfielder scored UVU's opening goal against both Sacred Heart and Hawai'i, earning a spot on the invitational's All-Tournament Team.
A junior from Layton, Utah, Dunn was named Defensive Player of the Week after anchoring the Wolverine back line in two games at the No Ka Oi. Dunn played all 103 minutes of a double-overtime match against Hawai'i and was named to the All-Tournament Team.
Robison and Dunn also combined on UVU's biggest goal of the tournament when Robison headed Dunn's free kick to teammate Haley Curtis for the game-winning goal against Sacred Heart on Wednesday night.
Kellen Hiser is sports information assistant at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20