Today in the Bloggernacle: The power of a day of service, plus a bishop's testimony
Service Day: Meeting neighbors. Showing love. Working hard. That’s what these members in Henderson, Nev., did in planning and then carrying out a “Day of Service” in their area. This new Mormon Messages video depicts how the words of President Henry B. Eyring, first counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, sparked them to serve. Click in to be inspired.
Being bishop: “But but there are moments when heaven is touching earth, and you are standing on hallowed ground as you sit with somebody in their home or in a room at the church building or the temple or at a campsite or traveling in a car — and you feel the divinity of that person, and how loved they are by an Eternal Father. And you promise yourself in that moment that you will never forget that feeling. And you feel bonded to that person in a way that you hope makes you friends forever.” I loved this sweet blog essay from a just-released so now “Former Bishop” ruminating on his powerful experiences. Click in to read the entire thing.
Camping site: Larry Richman introduces us to “LDS Church Recreational Properties Camping.lds.org” and explains, “Recreational properties are camp facilities developed for use by youth and families of the church. For example, these recreational properties provide a location for holding Young Women camp programs. They also provide a setting where youth and families can enjoy outdoor experiences together.” Click in to find more.
Insane waffles: “Waffles of Insane Greatness.” How can you resist not clicking into a post with a title like that? And not only does it have that recipe, but links to all sorts of other waffle recipes like sour cream waffles, gingerbread waffles, double chocolate waffles and much more. Mmm!
Day of Service
A group from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Henderson, Nev., provides service for their community.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 39
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4